Anyone conceived without Clomid after previously using it with success?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Has anyone had success getting pregnant the first cycle after a M/C without using Clomid or other medication?

I have PCOS and used Clomid for the first time in Oct. We conceived that month but we had a missed M/C in late Dec and a D&C on 1/7.

Since M/C I have been going to acupuncture and it has been wonderful! My BBT chart looked great and I think I ovulated. I showed my BBT to my Dr. yesterday and she said she didn't think I would need Clomid this time because my cycle looked great without it.

I was confused about what to do but I decided to not take it but I am nervous that I am "wasting" a month because my PCOS has caused irregular, long cycles with no ovulation in the past.

Has anyone ever conceived with PCOS without any help from meds?

My acupuncturist better work wonders next week to get me to ovulate!

Thanks.
February 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter is a clomd + hcG Trigger + IUI baby

Baby bebo in my belly is acupuncture + soy + wine baby (I took soy isoflavens instead of getting an rx for Clomid and got pregnant the first cycle)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
acupuncture, soy and wine.... love it!

Where do you get soy isoflavens? do you take them day 5-9 like clomid?
February 25th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Tryin4#2's Avatar Super Mommy
You can get Soy at Walmart or CVS or any drugstore. You take it CD 3-7 or 5-9 depending on how you took Clomid. I can't remember how many you take. Its supposed to be more than Clomid I believe though. the other lovely gals on here will know that answer.

I got pg with my DD, due 6/2/11, without any medical assistance. This was after 4+ years of trying, 1 1/2 of those being with Clomid, trigger, OPK's, at various times. I contribute my success to 1st God, and 2nd I lost 30 lbs with Weight Watchers, causing me to ovulate and I wasn't even aware I had ovulated.

Anyways, good luck and hope this helps :-)

February 27th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Thank you Tryin for your words of hope and congratulations to you!

I am past the time I can take soy. So, I hope that acupuncture does help me ovulate this month. I am tracking temps and using OPK even though those don't always work for me.

Even though I have PCOS, I am not overweight. But, I have been watching my empty carb and sugar intake to help with blood sugar. I take cinnamon every day to help with that. I notice that when I eat whole grains and less sugary foods my ovaries don't ache (like they do when cysts form and burst). So, I hope that helps with ovulation as well.

Fingers crossed we have a successful month. If not, I will take Clomid again next month.
February 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I conceived with Clomid, lost the baby, then the next month, got pregnant naturally.
(Lost that baby, too, but not related)

Tags
clomid , pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search