Clomid cramps, tugging overies...new here

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone, Im new here (33): I just finished my first cycle of 50 mg Clomid and on CD10. Took it days 3-7. I've been having a pulling heavy feeling of both ovaries for the past 3 or 4 days. Cramping today and yesterday, it's like an strong ache really of lower back and around my abdomen. I spoke to the nurse who said that's normal and a good sign that Clomid is working in my system...relieved to hear that! My husband and I have a ultra sound to check Follicles this Monday (3 days! ) then if ready will do IUI that day and next. Do they check progesterone then too? Has anyone else experienced ALL or SOME of this? I've also been having hot flashes since day cd1 and some dizziness but very light on cd 3 and today. Yes, headaches, and some moodiness., Emotional yesterday.... this ll sounds like I'm a complete wreck on paper but I'm really not falling apart lol.....who else is feeling exhaustion and peeing like a race horse? YES bloating too- yep... Gosh, just check me off for the whole list!
February 26th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Super Mommy
Hello! I recently finished my third round of Clomid. Every month, I had awful side effects. My abdomen would be sore for at least a week, even sore to the touch. My boobs hurt, and my nipples itched! I got so tired of the side effects, coupled by the fact that it did not work for me (forced ovulation 1 month, out of 3) that I decided to take a break and try natural remedies for a few months. So, the side effects sound very normal to me. I hope it works for you and you get your BFP very soon!

February 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I've never used clomid but from what I've heard the other girls talk about, sounds like you're completely normal. Best of luck to you!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
February 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Thank you both so so much Really helps to know this is all normal. Keeping our fingers crossed I'm really looking forward to Monday...how often do we get to say that!
February 27th, 2011, 07:28 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds normal
I hope it does the trick!!
February 28th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What you've described is 100% normal for Clomid and it's worse with each cycle and higher doses. You sound like you're taking it really well. I turned into a crazy person. lol I hope it works out for you!

February 28th, 2011, 10:10 AM
So we went in and had an ultra sound done this morning. I have 3 follicles developing! 1 on the left and 2 on the right. They measure at 12-13 currently though and they need them to be at least at 16-20. They feel they will be ready by Wednesday cd15- so we go back then. Also my uterine lining is just a tad thinner than it needs to be (7.3 and needs to be at 10) but they said that would thicken by Wednesday as well and should be fine, if not they will be giving me extra estrogen (Gosh I think estrogen is what they said it was that will fix that..) to thicken that wall up so when the implantation occurs the egg can stick in a very thick fluffy wall. Fluffy is probably not the word she used LOL but you get what I mean.
have any of you women had the same or more follicles with 50mg? Is this a good amount? I never asked them... I imagine it is...right? I hope

Last edited by jbird1530; February 28th, 2011 at 11:34 AM.
February 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Congrats on a great u/s! Sounds like you are on the right track I know Clomid makes some girls on here crazy, but for me it's mostly just hot flashes and a little more moody. Good luck on Wednesday!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
March 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
Just finished my first IUI after Clomid 50mg- my mom came with me since my husband had to work. It went very smooth )
This morning they measured through ultra sound:
11.1 lining! (10 was goal) POM 100% Pomegranate juice I feel helped ) I had a 7.2 on Monday so it got a lot better in those couple of days. That was a concern of mine.
Follicle on the left is 21mm
Follicle 2 on the right is 19mm! Follicle 3 is 16mm
Sperm count after choosing only the strongest and washing them to purest form: 40million!!! That's a really really great number!!! Go hubby!
I go in again tomorrow- another 40 million troops going in )
Can only think positive from here and wish and pray for sticky baby dust )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search