When do you move to next step?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi! I am a lurker who does not post that often. I am at crossroads and was hoping to hear others experiences. I have been on clomid for 6 cycles. No follicle at 50 mg, one 23 mm follicle with 100mg, one 20mm follicle with 100mg but my cycle never came, no follicles at 150 or 200 mg. I just had my appointment and ultrasound for the 200 mg cycle. There is one 13mm follicle and a ton of smaller ones. So the doctor said to come back in 4 days and see if the one follicle grows. She then said that due to the potential number of follicles she did not know if injectibles were an option. She thought our next step was IVF. I was shocked that there are no other steps. I guess I am hoping to hear that there are other options before pulling out the big one. I have not tried metaformin so I may bring that up.
February 26th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
i am not sure Metformin will be helpful with follie growth or size. it never hurts to ask the dr. Injectibles might work, especially if you go to the big boys first like Follistim.

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

February 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Or perhaps you could discuss with your Dr. the Rx drug Femara. I got pg on my second cycle of taking it, I didn't respond very well to Clomid the one round I took it. My current RE is a much bigger fan of Femara, for many reasons.....
February 27th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely bring that up with my RE.
February 27th, 2011, 07:04 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, if they don't think injectables will work, then IVF wouldn;t work, because they put on you injects for that, too.
An option that may work for you would be to be put on IVF meds (Menopar,etc) & do an IUI. ALOT cheaper & less invasive.
I have been on injectables for 3 cycles now, with not much progress, so next month I will be moving to IVF meds with an IUI.
Definitely mention it to your doctor.
Good luck!
February 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I think they are concerned that the injectibles will cause me to produce too many mature follicles. They keep saying that I have a ton of potential but the clomid is just not working. They mentioned that if I produce too many then we have to stop the process. Is there a way to step up the amount of injectibles.
February 27th, 2011, 07:36 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seems to me they would just put you on the lowest amount of injectables, maybe even cut down on the amount of days.
If they are concerned you will create too many follicles, then clomid should be doing the trick. I guess I'm just confused as to why your doctor would think the injectables would over-stimulate you when Clomid only gives you one good follicle. That doesn't make since to me. He has nothing to back up that theory.
I would definitely do your own reseach before you do anything. Doctors aren't as smart as we think they are

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search