OPK question

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 06:47 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I probably should of tried this before now but I just bought my first OPK...and its just a weeks worth I didnt want to spend a ton I just was wondering when should I test? I have a 30-32 day cycle and I am on CD 13..... also does it matter when I test? Does it have to be in the morning or can it be whenever?
TIA
March 1st, 2011, 08:46 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
Well, in my experience, and this is just me, i never get a normal read with FMU, only with SMU or later. I buy IC's and POAS twice a day, sometimes three hehe.

I'd say that for a 30-32 day cycle, a safe bet to start testing is CD 13. Since it is your first OPK i;d say use FMU and then SMU to compare, but only later in the cycle like CD 15-16, twice a day. Usually SMU works best for most.

Hope that helps

Also, i recommend starting to chart your temps! HUGE HELP to predict O!

for the future, if you dont want to spend a ton of money on OPKS seeing as i know many places like walgreens and duane read brands can still be upwards of 20 bucks for a month supply, you can go online, ebay or amazon and buy opks in bulk for cheap. I got 50 opks for 10 bucks!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

March 2nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The insturctions will tell you when to start
March 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
I would say around CD13 too. My doctor told me to test around 2pm because I was getting a lot positives with first morning urine. You can get cheap OPKs on amazon. I think I got like 40 plus 10 preg tests for about $13 or something like that. Hope this helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search