A hopeful story (pregnancy mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hey All,

I was on here months ago and I stopped coming because I was getting frustrated with ttc and I needed a break. I don't remember my old username.

Anyways, I just wanted to give you all a hopeful story. I am 19w1d pregnant and I wanted to share with you what I did. I'm 5'7'' and I weighed 176. When the doctor told me I had a mild case of PCOS, I started eating healthier and working out. I switched everything from my pizza crust to choc chip cookies to whole wheat instead. I cut all sugar except for the cookies. I stopped drinking pop and drank water and smoothies instead. I started doing the Wii Active Sports a couple times a week and I went on my bike a few days a week for about 10mins. I ended up losing about 35lbs over the summer! That was enough to regulate my periods somewhat. I still wasn't getting pregnant and I wasn't ovulating every month. I did some research and my husband gave me fertility massages with oils. Not sure if this did anything but it did make me feel relaxed. We also started doing reflexology on my feet every night. I actually think this did help some. I went and got a 7 day progesterone test done and it did say that I ovulated. I was really excited but then I got my period like 2 days later. The next cycle I didn't think I ovulated. I just had a feeling that my eggs were not mature enough and that I needed something else. So I called the doctor and she gave me clomid. I was really nervous to take it and I did get some pretty bad headaches from it. We BD pretty much everyday until my temp went up and stayed up for a couple of days. 8 days after ovulation I took a pregnancy test and there was a very faint line! I took about 10 more until I got my blood test to confirm.

I did have issues in the first trimester. I started bleeding the day the doctor called me to tell me that I was indeed pregnant. The bleeding/spotting lasted for a few days. Then a week later it started again and lasted for over two weeks. It was a scary time but the doctor did some ultrasounds and everything was looking good. I go in tomorrow for the anatomy scan and I am super excited and nervous. I pray that the baby is healthy and everything looks good. I am feeling pretty guilty because I have been craving bad food and giving in. We got a home doppler which has been blessing. I would have been so much more stressed if I wasn't able to listen to the LO.

Don't give up hope girls! I don't think that I would be pregnant with our first if I didn't get all the weight off first. I really don't think the clomid would have worked for me.

Good luck to all of you! I hope you all get your soon! Lots of !!!
March 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Back!

I'm so EXCITED for you that you our preggy with your miracle baby! How exciting!
Congrats on losing all that weight! You had great determintaion to push through & lose it! Go you!

Keep us posted on your baby...We want to know if you are team BLUE or PINK!
March 2nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
What a wonderful story!
And thank you for the tips!!

March 2nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! Best wishes for a continued successful pregnancy and a smooth birth - you'll have you introduce your LO to us when he or she gets here this summer!

March 3rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks! We had our ultrasound and it's a healthy baby BOY! :-)
March 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Good Luck for the arrival of your healthy baby boy

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

March 3rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
AmandaEE's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AmandaEE
Congratulations on your pregnancy and thanks for sharing! I'm 5'5 and about 155 right now so I'd like to drop about 20lbs. It may help, althoug my RE said losing weight wouldn't help me since I didn't get PCOS simply by gaining weight. I had it even at 120lbs. Who knows though- we're all so different! I definitely think exercise helps even if weight isn't a factor (for me) because it just makes sense that you body is moving and flowing.

OK, nuff bout me- welcome back and congrats again!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful Siggy!
"Even miracles take a little time" -Cinderella

Follow my blog at http://jovieheart.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search