New at this

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Mandi and I am 29 almost 30! My husband is John and he is 30. We have been married for 8 1/2 years.
I was actually diagnosed with PCOS in January of 2009! Prior to that we had been ttc for about 2 years. I was on Met and Chlomid for 3 cycles. When that didnt work my RE reffered me to an Endo. Once I was diagnosed with PCOS we decided to take some time off and I worked on myself. I stayed on the Met and am still on it. I have lost almost 60 pounds since then.
We decided that we would start trying again this year! So I made an appt with my fertility Dr.
We just went to our consultation on Monday! He was pleased with the weight loss and prescribed me Femera which I will start on my next cycle days 3-5. Once that is done I will have to go back in on day 14 and see if I am ovulating!!! Wish me luck this time around!
Its so nice to have support like this and to know I am not alone with PCOS!!!
March 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
Hi Mandi, welcome!!!

Im Rita (24) DH is Arthur (25) and we have been ttc #1 w/ pcos for 16 months! Its been quite the journey!

This is a great place for support and information. We have a great group of women here. Feel free to jump right in and start posting! Congrats on the weightloss, thats a great accomplishment... We know how hard it is to shed even a third of what you have lost! so YAY! I have heard A LOT of great things about femara. A couple of ladies on this board have had success with it and i am sure will be glad to share their stories with you! PCOS is a challenge but having the support system that we have here is a tremendous help and makes this very painful often frustrating journey just that much easier!

I hope your first round of Femara works and you'll be on your way to mommy-ville!

Hope to get to know you...

Welcome again!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

March 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Mandi!

Welcome to our great board! You will love it here! (Although I'm a little biast, as I'm the host) hehe

I'm so sorry your TTC journey has been so long & full of struggles. I will never understand why this is.

Congratulations on your weightloss! What a great accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself! I hope it aids in helping you get pregnant!

I will be looking for your BFP!

I'm Amber & have been TTC#1 for almost 3 yrs now with 4 losses. Moving onto IVF meds with IUI in April.

Jump right in & start posting!
March 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
TJSRLS08's Avatar Pregnant with Twins!
Hi Mandi!! I am Twilla (32) DH is Russ (26). We have been married for 2.5 years actively TTC off and on since then. Glad to see you here.
March 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to nlyates Send a message via MSN to nlyates Send a message via Yahoo to nlyates
welcome to the boards!

i'm nikko, im 30, dh is josh, and he's 29. we've been ttc since august of 2009.
good luck with your journey, and i'm sure you'll make lifelong friends here. i know i have!
March 3rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Hi there! Welcome PCOS can be a struggle sometimes, but we're all here to vent to and give advice when you ask! Congratulations on your weight loss!!

I was diagnosed last year with PCOS and endo in August of 2009. I recently got my and hoping this is a sticky bean!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
March 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Thank you all so much! Its so nice to know Im not alone and there is hope for me yet : )

Now I'm waiting on AF to arrive to get started and then hopefully get my BFP!!! I will keep you updated!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search