October/Nov. 2011 DDC for Cysters!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*snip snip from Hayley*
Ash, that sounds like a totally stressful time and I can understand how the hormones can have you breaking down about things that you would normally go with the flow about! Trust me, my toddler has made me cry over these last couple of days :O

Lynley I totally understand about waiting, I find myself getting anxious reading some posts, I really don't have any symptoms yet that couldn't be mistaken for any of the usual hormonal crap I (probably we!) all deal with all the time. I haven't had any Beta's done and people obsessing over their numbers kills me And Lynley I 100% agree about your med withdrawal possibly causing some of the issues you are experiencing. I was just wondering if you have any complimentary activites or techniques that help you with not melting down and getting stressed? I'm sure it's something that you are, and have managed for a long time

Good idea about moving this thread, ladies....I would never want anyone to feel uncomfortable. I'm so glad I have you ladies to talk to!

Thanks for your comments, Hayley - glad I'm not just super sensitive about the DDC stuff! I think they're a wonderful resource, and I'm looking forward to joining the November 2011 one when I get ready to. It's hard even now to see some ladies posting around w/ the June 2011 DDC blinkies....I just feel like I was supposed to be there, you know? But stop focusing on the past and focus on my future - in my belly!

I think if I'd had betas drawn I'd feel a whole lot more confident - but my doctor just isn't into that, and I didn't force the issue because I knew I wanted to change docs w/ this pregnancy. I'm going to start seeing a midwife who's associated w/ my regular OB's practice (they pretty much have a monopoly on OBGYN care in this town!). I'm looking forward to having someone who's just more responsive and comforting - my GYN is nice enough, and she's great for annual visits - I'm in and out of there in five minutes! But with my last pg, I felt like she was just shunting me out the door, not concerned about answering my questions or anything. And I was FURIOUS with the way she handled my m/c - she wasn't even going to do an u/s at 8.5 weeks (I'd had one at 7 weeks b/c of some bleeding, and everything looked ok, though they couldn't find a heartbeat - now I know why). So I basically had to demand an u/s at 8.5 weeks, only to find out that the baby hadn't progressed past 5 weeks. I know it's not fair to hold her responsible, but I felt like she should've anticipated that I'd want an u/s at my first official appointment, especially since we hadn't seen the h/b. Maybe this isn't fair, but I think because she's never had kids (never married, and she's my mom's age), she's not really that empathetic. Anyway, I've made my appointment w/ the midwife, and I'm really looking forward my first appt on the 24th.

To your question, Hayley, I definitely need to learn some stress management techniques to help me deal.....I walk a line between handling stress well and being completely overwhelmed by it, and when I'm on my meds, I can walk that line with no problem. I'm not in a super-high stress job (I manage the corporate intranet and document management application for my company, with about 8000 employees around the world - stressful, but not like brain surgery or anything), but there are days when the phone won't stop ringing.

Somewhat of a change of topic, but I've noticed in the last few weeks a desire to listen to more positive, upbeat music. I was raised Christian and love the Lord, but I'm not the best about going to church (though I do pray every night). But I've noticed that I want to listen to praise and worship music right now - perhaps that will help me deal with some of this stress, both job- and pregnancy-related.

Anyway, my Friday night thoughts....hope you girls have had a good day and are feeling well!

March 6th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Expecting #1
I'm the same as you! I've been craving Christian music lately. K-love and Air1 are where I'm at!

I would feel more comfortable with BETAS as well. They don't really do them in the UK though as regular practice, so I know I have no reason to obsess over it. They wouldnt do it if I asked!

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience. Some doctors really arents good with being as caring as they should. :/ I can understand getting upset by blinkies as well. I have a few friends who had babies around what my due date would have been...and it still hurts all these years later.

My cramping has got quite mild now. Now I have pretty much NO symptoms now. unless thirst is one..cos I drink like 5 bottles of water a day now!

Yesterday we babysat my 2 year old niece and 4 week old niece. I forgot how sweet it was to have a tiny baby(shes still only 5 pounds, she was 4 when she was born at 37 weeks) sleep on your chest all afternoon! Watching DH was adorable as well. He was so nervous holding her lol.

But someone let our dog out, and she must have got out of the fence. Walked around for hours asking if anyone had seen her and of course they hadnt. Im so upset I swear, coming back to visit hasnt been good for me. So full of stress!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

March 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry you've had such a rough trip, Ash - going home should be relaxing, not stressful! Hope things settle down and you get to enjoy yourself some.

I've been so tired this weekend.....two naps yesterday. slept 'til 10 this morning and then rested another hour this afternoon. Seems like the simplest things (like going out for lunch) just exhaust me. Weird. It's about all I have to go on in terms of symptoms (except sore boobs), so I'm not complaining! Also gives me a good excuse to not do our taxes - DH has taken on that challenge! Win!

I hate Sunday afternoons - I always feel like I didn't get enough done over the weekend, so I have to cram it all into Sunday afternoon and evening.

Hope you girls have had a great weekend.....we're one week closer to ultrasounds, morning sickness, and maternity clothes shopping! Speaking of, I'm having to force myself not to look at maternity clothes....though I really want to! I've had some bloating, so my regular pants aren't fitting all that well, so I'm looking forward to some stretchy maternity pants!

March 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Hey girls!! Sorry I have been sort of MIA - I have a huge weekend this weekend at work, so I have been working a lot...and then all I do when I get home is sleep! I'm trying not to get stressed or anything so everything takes a little bit longer to get done it seems! Plus, pregnancy brain has totally settled in...I am in a fog sometimes and keep making mistakes! This weekend is totally critical for my job, I have two major events happening this weekend that if they go well, will be seamless...but if they fail, our business will basically cease...and being in retail, that's not a good thing!!

How's everyone feeling? I am basically exhausted all the time - I can't get enough sleep! And I've been really nausesas...all day every day pretty much. Boobs are killing me - they have definitely grown! But I love every stinkin symptom because it means our little ducky is doing well!

Has anyone done any gender predictor things yet? I've done the Chinese one - that says girl...heartrate one says girl...but the ring test and boob-test say boy! So I guess we'll find out soon enough huh?

Ash, I'm sorry you are having a rough visit home! It's super stressful sometimes to be with family - sometimes too much work! Lynley, I know what you mean about past DDC's too...I still think sometimes how I would have had a baby in December, or would be 7 months pregnant right now...but I just remember that God has a plan for us, and those babies just weren't meant to be - these are! So I take a lot of comfort in knowing I can only do the physical things I can do, and the rest is out of my hands.

Oh, I am stoked - I get to have another ultrasound on the 21st! Yay! I'll be 9 weeks then. My doctor just wants to check in and make sure everything is okay since I had my previous two so early and with spotting and everything...just checking in! I am psyched to get to see our little ducky again

Hope everyone feels totally miserable and is puking! Haha, pregnancy is the only time you can say that huh?

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
March 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Sigh....I wish I were miserable and puking. Just a little tired, and even less so today than in the last few days. I did get a decent night's sleep last night, so I'm trying to chalk it up to that. No nausea at all (well, a touch a few days ago) - and I didn't have any the last time w/ my m/c, either. My mom never got sick, and I've got other friends who didn't, so I know it's not a given, but I'm with you, Amie - I wouldn't complain, even just to feel icky! I got a little freaked out this morning b/c my boobs weren't hurting like they have been the last few days (y'all probably saw this on FB), so I started panicking. They're a little more sore this evening (especially my right one), so that makes me feel a little better. I of course immediately Googled about it, and apparently symptoms do come and go, so it's not particularly uncommon. But still....ugh. Amie, I'm so jealous you've seen your little duckie already! So ready to see mine!

Amie, you're right - I keep trying to remember that God's in control, and if this baby is meant to be he or she will make it. But I'm a control freak by nature, so it's hard for me to give up that desire to control everything! I know worrying won't make a bit of difference, so I might as well not do it. Give it to God....give it to God....give it to God.....I need to tattoo this somewhere!

Amie, so sorry you've been so busy at work - hope all goes well this weekend! Glad you get another peak at the munchkin soon - you'll have to post pics for us!

Hmm....having some pulling on my right side - hope that's nothing to worry about (like I need anything else to worry about! )

Ash, how's it going with you? Saw your news about getting your doggie back - so glad! Hope the rest of your visit home is relaxing and enjoyable!

I am so thankful for you girls - so glad we're going through this together!

March 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Girls!!!

I had to take a little break I am so anxious that at over 6 weeks I still don't know that there "is" a baby there and that everything is on track. I am still following my DDC, but I have slowed in contributing except to post about something someone said that really bothered me
I have no reason to think there is anything wrong, but I need some deep breaths. I will hopefully get more active on JM again after my appointment on Monday, fingers crossed!!

Lynley, I'm glad that music is feeling good for you at the moment, it's good to have something to uplift you! If it's working for you, you can try keeping an iPod handy with that kind of music on it and if you start feeling overwhelmed or stressed, take a couple of minutes to close your eyes and listen for a minute! It's amazing how well it can work when you find a "thing" that helps the stressful stuff seem less intense.

Ash I hope your visit home got better!! I know going from the US to Australia, I always get there tired and a little stressed from travelling with Hanna and think it's totally not worth it, but I only need to be back in the States for an hour before I'm ready to do the trip again

I will be happier to get sick! Bring on the puke I say

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

March 12th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Hayley, I think everyone is anxious throughout their entire pregnancies, but especially in the beginning! I think what we are all going through is totally normal.

Lynley, I am SO glad your boobs are sore again! I have days like that - where my boobs won't be as sore or my nausea won't be very strong, and I freak out of course. I try not to worry unless it's more than one day in a row or they appear to be lessening each day - that's what happened with my previous m/c and so far so good on this one! I get lots of pulling/twinging/light cramping in my uterus area - I think it's the baby stretching out and making my uterus grow! I think that's a good sign, Lyn.

Hayley, good luck at your appt tomorrow!! I will be thinking about you...please keep us posted!

March 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
ready2Bamommy28's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello ladies, I didn't know if I could/should come join ya yet. I just got my this morning and let me tell you I have been a ball of emotions all day. I went from being super happy and excited to feeling nervous and scared. My poor DH is so happy and told me I need to just relax and take it easy but it's so hard for me to do that when I know that not all pregancies have a happy ending . I have had one m/c in the past and we have been TTC for over a year now. I have taken three test to today lol and the second line is still there so that helps ease my mind alittle. I will call and make a drs appt on Monday so I can get a blood test. I just want conformation and I want to know that everything is ok. I know my doctor is going to say " why did you test on 10DPO" well hey a woman knows her body, and I knew something was different. I'm going to pray and leave this in god's hands for now. Sorry for the long post but I had to get all of this off my chest. Other than all of the mixed emotions I am very happy and feeling blessed. Looks like Clomid and Metformin must have done their jobs. Yaaaaay

March 13th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Expecting #1
Thanks girls, my trip home definitely got better after we found our dog! I was worried sick over her for 3 days, but we finally got her back and things sort of fell back into place after that.

I'm back home now. Happy to be home, even though I miss my family. I was SO exhausted there, I would be in bed by 9pm..but I would wake up at 2am wide awake and stay that way. Then by 9am I'd be exhausted again and not be able to sleep due to doing stuff with family. I got home yesterday, was in bed by 8:30(I'll blame that one on jet lag though) but woke up at 11:45 WIDE awake again. Laid there for an hour, couldnt sleep, so got up and watched some stuff on the DVR until 4am, then went back to bed until 8. Now I'm up again. I just want some decent sleep so I'm not tired all the time. I am just glad I am home now, if I get tired..I can nap here

How're you feeling now Lynley? I still really have no symptoms and it's freaking me out. I know it's still very early days, and MOST women don't really get a ton this early so I'm trying to stay calm. But I'm with Haley, I'm just anxious to have an ultrasound so I know everything is okay. Because I definitely do not feel "pregnant" at all other than some intense twinges I get a few times a day.

Haley, I'm stepping back a little from the DDC as well. :/ I am feeling nothing and everyone there is going on and on about showing already, being so sick already etc..and a lot of them are less pregnant than me! It's just a bit too much until I see my baby is okay. good luck today! Cannot wait to hear all about your appointment today!

And Ami..according to 4 different chinese charts posted in my DDC, two say girl, two say boy...lol. I am pretty darn sure I am having a boy though. Never even really thought of this baby being a girl! A running joke in my family as a teenager was I'd marry an english man and have a son named Percy...(hate the name) well, I've married an english man! So DH and I keep referring to this baby as "Percy" No "bean" or "peanut"..just "Percy" lol. So, Percy better be a boy or else I'll have to come up with a new nickname!

March 13th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Expecting #1
btw, congrats Latisha! I am still testing too! lol. I figure I will until I run out!

March 13th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Expecting #1
To further feed my POAS addiction..I tried the whole OPK as HPT last night! It totally worked too. This is the only time I have EVER got a positive OPK!

I also took my last FRER and last DIGI today so I could get them over and done with and stop obsessing. The FRER is still lighter than some of the other girls I've seen but the DIGI has my HCG levels at 3+ which means I am 5+ weeks pregnant, which is accurate. So I'm going to try and relax now!

This was at 14DPO

And this was today. So glad to see the digi changed it's number!

March 13th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Cool digis, Ash! Never seen any like that! Glad they're giving you good news - I haven't tested again b/c I'm afraid of what I'll get. I'm becoming more and more nervous that my symptoms have subsided - this morning my boobs don't hurt at all, and my nipples aren't nearly as sore as they were. I'm not particularly tired either. I think I told y'all this on FB, but I freaked out on Thursday and called my midwife in tears (whom I've never met, btw), begging them to do something. They had me in for bloodwork Thurs., and then I'll go in again Monday. So at least then we'll know. I'm setting myself up for disappointment, just in case. I'd love to be wrong, but we'll see.

Glad you got home ok, Ash. Amie, hope your busy weekend at work is going well! Been thinking about you. I'm glad you said that about feeling some pulling in your abdomen - I'm feeling that too, particularly on my right side. I hope that's a good sign.

Hayley, I completely understand needing to take some time off - I've kinda done the same thing. I'm trying to just forget about it all - ignore that I got that positive test. Just trying to protect myself in case we get bad news this week with the bloodwork.

Welcome and congrats, Latisha! Excited for you!

March 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
ready2Bamommy28's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you Ash and Lyn.

I also had to break down and use a digi this morning

11 DPO picture by TishNWill01 - Photobucket

March 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
oh my gosh, you girls and your testing!! haha, I stopped testing as soon as I got positive digis and confirmation from my dr - it just makes me too nervous because I know once your hcg reaches a certain point they aren't perceived accurately any more. Although Ash, I've never seen one where it tells you how far along you are! That's awesome

Lynley, I know you've had some spotting today, I am keeping you in my t&p...I really hope everything is okay and your b/w comes back with good news tomorrow. Do it super early so you can hopefully get your results right away! I know how nerve-wracking that is though...I remember Nat saying she had some pulling on her right side specifically, and for the first few weeks that was her ONLY symptom - she said she didn't even feel preggers at all - no sore bbs, no nausea, no excessive tiredness, etc. She still doesn't have many symptoms, but her baby is doing just fine and has a hb...I really hope it's the same for you!

Congrats again LaTisha! It's so exciting when you first find out! The first trimester is so stressful though...I'll be happy when it's over!

I've been so sick all weekend - I seriously thought I was going to die yesterday. No puking, just nausea so bad I can't even eat. Ash, I have had similar issues sleeping - I am exhausted but wake up after a couple hours and can't fall back asleep. I finally fall back asleep like an hour before my alarm goes off, and then I'm exhausted all day - a vicious circle!

March 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM
msladibugg's Avatar Veteran
Hi Ladies! I just wanted to let you know that I had the pulling & cramping pretty much everyday until about a week ago. It's perfectly normal. Also, I had some slight spotting too. Try not to worry too much. I know that's easier said than done. Also, Lynley there are days when my boobs don't hurt at all & then they are excruciatingly painful. Yesterday I had more energy then usual & no nausea, but the nausea def came back this afternoon. Everyday is different & every pregnancy is different. I hope that we all have H&H 9 mths!!!

On another note, I took a Chinese Gender Prediction quiz & it says it's a boy. Also, my best friend's little boy says it's a boy & he accurately guessed that his mom is preggers with a girl. We would be happy with either, but we are hoping to pass on DH's father's name before he passes. He's 82yrs old. We shall find out at week 20.

Another weird change this week, I have involuntarily become a vegetarian with this pregnancy. I cannot stand any meats right now. Not even chicken. Now, this is surpising because I was all about steak & cheeseburgers before. My nurse told me it's common to not be able to handle proteins in the 1st trimester.

Well, I hope you all are doing well!!!

Thank you Maggie831 for my AWESOME siggy!!
March 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM
lol....Marcia, you made me think of that episode of Friends where vegetarian Phoebe is pregnant w/ the triplets and she only wants meat! Eat whatever appeals to you - little bean will take whatever he or she needs!

You girls really do make me feel better - I keep thinking that I'm not going to be one of those women who obsesses over every little thing, and yet I'm turning into one! I'm just impatient and nervous. I'll have my second hcg draw tomorrow, so that'll tell us if things are progressing as they should. Either way, it'll be ok.

Yeah, Ash....are those digis only available in England? Those are awesome!

Amie, how did your weekend go at work?

March 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM
msladibugg's Avatar Veteran
lol...Lynley too funny...I forgot about that Friends episode...Keep us posted on your hcg results! I'm sending you lots of positive & happy thoughts!!

Thank you Maggie831 for my AWESOME siggy!!
March 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I can relate every situation to a Friends episode I'll post my results as soon as I get them. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

March 13th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
am i really here? did i really make it here?? WOW!!!!!!!!!
here's my BFP:

AHHHHHHHHHHH

im soooo happy to be here!!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

March 14th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Expecting #1
I know I shouldnt keep testing..but it's just so tempting! Now that I've used my last FRER and my last digi, I am done testing though. I only have some IC left, and they're really not that tempting!

I'm not sure why they don't seel those clearblue tests in the USA! From what I've seen they only have them in Canada, Australia, and the UK. I wonder why that is? It only gives 3 HCG level readings..telling you you're 3-4 weeks, then 4 weeks, then 5 weeks+. So now that I've got the 5 weeks+ there's no point in continuing on with it. One you get that, they don't give a higher reading. It's a good thing it stops there or else I'd be buying a ton and costing my husband a lot of money!

How are you feeling today lynley? I can't wait to get your blood results back, I really hope they come in today!

Amie, I hope you get to sleeping better! I ended up staying up until 3am, and then woke up at 7am when my husband woke up to take the car in for a service. EUGH. His parents are coming over today at some point so I cant even nap. I have to make sure my house is spotless for their arrival

Marica..the same thing is going on with me! The only meat I eat is chicken..but I havent wanted it at ALL lately. I made a stir fry for dinner lastnight and left the chicken out. My poor husband had to make a separate dinner because he refuses to eat something without meat lol

I called my doctor today to ask what the protocol was because I wasnt sure when I should contact them about being pregnant. She said the midwife(you only really see midwives here) usually has a "booking" appointment with you when you're 8 weeks, so she has booked a provisional appointment for March 31st. She's going to ask the midwife today if she has room for one more person that day. Hopefully she does! That'll be the day after my first ultrasound.

Rita, so glad to see you here!

Last edited by AshEE86; March 14th, 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search