Any successes with the natural route??

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, I recently stopped taking Clomid, because after 3 cycles, it only forced me to ovulate once. Also, I had pretty rough side effects. I decided to try the natural route, which consists mainly of FertiliTea, FertiliAid, soy, and lemon water. Has anyone had success with natural products? I had high hopes after reading success stories, but after being on this for a month now, without ovulating again, I am starting to feel frustrated...

March 7th, 2011, 06:40 PM
msladibugg's Avatar Veteran
I actually was in the midst of talking to my doctor about starting Clomid in April. He told me to start counting calories & really try to lose some weight which I had already been working on. I was sure that wasn't going to make me ovulate since I didn't ovulate in December. Well, I guess losing a couple of lb's did the trick b/c a few weeks later I got my So, it is possible to be successful the natural route. Lots of luck & to you!!

Thank you Maggie831 for my AWESOME siggy!!
March 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I have also heard that weight loss is one of the best ways to do it naturally! GL!
March 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got pregnant twice naturally, so even if a doctor says you NEED MA, it can happen!

Good luck, hun! I hope your time comes SOON!
March 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would watch the soy intake, I am not sure the levels but a lot of what I am reading is saying soy decreases fertility in women (by messing with estrogen levels). I def would talk to your Dr about how soy may or may not have an affect on your hormones and if that can be detrimental to TTC
March 8th, 2011, 06:35 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I have gotten pregnant 4 times with out any meds (lost 3 of those babies though) After my recent loss they just diagnosed me with PCOS.
My DR said there are different forms of it and he thinks soon they will have new names but for now its all general PCOS.
I have no problem getting pregnant my problem is staying pregnant and he put me on Metformin in hopes when I get pregnant again it will be a sticky baby.
In all 3 of my losses something is happening in the 8th week he said that is when your placenta takes over and your hormones do a big dip and your body should push it back up but he thinks because of the pcos my body is not regulating my hormones good enough and I am not coming back from that 8 week dip.

Some how I have a 3yr old with no meds at all.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 8th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Lindsey- Make sure you talk to your doctor about possibly needing a progesterone supplement. I lost my pregnancy in January because my progesterone level was 1.2.
March 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie831 View Post
Lindsey- Make sure you talk to your doctor about possibly needing a progesterone supplement. I lost my pregnancy in January because my progesterone level was 1.2.
Mine was 28 and 2 days later 29.5 when they checked my betas at 4 weeks with this last pregnancy and about that with my daughter too. So that is not the problem.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 8th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Oh ok.

Well good!
March 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i took vitex and got pregnant the first month. It helps with pcos and prgestrone during the 2ww. I also followed a low carb diet which really really helps

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search