A Re-intro of sorts (pg & m/c mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Hi ladies. I was around for a short while last year. My name is Justine, wife to Casey, momma to Aidan (3.28.2008). This is what's been going on with me:

We started TTC #2 in late October 2009. March of 2010, I was diagnosed with PCOS. We started on metformin, and kept TTC.

Although my cycles were more frequent, they were still irregular, so in September 2010, I got a referral to an OBGYN, and they gave me a scrip for a round of clomid. I felt like AF was coming, so I skipped the provera and just waited it out. Two weeks later, AF was still missing. I thought if I POAS, AF would show up the next day and I could start the clomid. To my complete surprise, I had a BFP on September 26, 2010. Not suspecting anything, we all assumed a due date based on my last cycle info, which put me at almost 6 weeks. My doctor scheduled an appointment at 8 weeks.

At the 8 week appointment, there was only a sac. Because of my irregular cycles, the doctor was convinced I ovulated much later than I thought, and I was only 5 weeks along. They took my blood to test my hcg and progesterone levels. Everything came back normal for a 5 week pregnancy, confirming my doctor's suspicions. They scheduled an appointment for two weeks later to make sure the baby was growing.

On the night of October 26, 2010 (two days before my scheduled follow up visit) I started a weird spotting episode. I had spotted with my previous pregnancy, but this was just off. The next day, I called the doctor. They had me come in right away just to check things out. I wasn't actively bleeding, but when they did the sonogram, the baby was no as developed as he should have been and there was no heartbeat (when I should have been about 7 weeks). I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. Completely devastated and not able to handle waiting around to see if my body would eventually realize what happened, I opted for a D&C. I had the procedure done on October 29th.

My cycles did not return after the D&C and in January of this year we started a round of just Clomid (I'm avoiding metformin because the side effects I had were just awful). However, I failed to ovulate in January (50mg dose) and in February (100mg dose). I'm now getting ready to start provera and my third round (150mg dose) this month.

I honestly thought Clomid would be IT for me. But with each round that fails, it just gets harder and harder. I'm praying this dose does the trick....forget getting pregnant, if I could just OVULATE I'd be so happy. I'm completely over having all the lovely side effects of the clomid with none of the benefits!!!

March 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, it sounds like you've been on quite an emotional roller coaster. Welcome Back! I'm Beth and I'm also TTC #2. I must not have been around when you were here before. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know much about that and what happens after. Could it be possible your body hasn't recovered from the D&C yet? Do you know what happens if this third cycle of clomid doesn't make you O? That was my main problem with #1, so I ended up having to have a trigger shot to make me O and that's what worked. It was expensive since I had to have U/S and the trigger shot all not covered by insurance, but it was better than to continue wasting time and energy with just clomid.

My Blog
March 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Well, this is pretty much my "normal" cycle. If I don't do anything (no BCPs, provera, or metformin) AF will go missing for months on end. I think, in 2009 I had a total of three periods (which I attributed to my body just adjusting to having had my son the year before...oddly enough it didn't occur to me that something was wrong).

As for the next steps, I'm not sure. I think if this doesn't work, I'm going to take a month off Clomid and ask to start back up on the metformin before we start the next round. I can't STAND the side effects from it, but at this point, I just want another baby before we get off shore duty!!!

March 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
I am so sorry for what you've been through!! I hope things are much easier here on out! Welcome back!!
March 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Hi Justine I remember you from before.

I am so sorry for your loss! I had two missed miscarriages last year, they are very painful because you really don't suspect anything until you get the news. I hope this round of Clomid does the trick for you!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
March 9th, 2011, 02:29 PM
aprils242001's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprils242001
Justine I am glad you have come back. I remember you mostly because we had our m/c with in two weeks of each other. I have thought about you often and wondered what you was doing. I hope the clomid works soon for you. I have not got pg again either but we are NTNP right now. Good luck and welcome back!
March 10th, 2011, 01:09 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi!
Glad to have you back...I wondered where you went!!

I'm so sorry for your terrifying loss.
I can't wait to see you get #2!
March 10th, 2011, 01:37 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
so sorry for your loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search