PMDD and severe PMS

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I know that I suffer from pretty severe PMS..but lately I have been wondering if I might have PMDD. I plan on talking to my doctor next visit about the terrible moodiness and depression I feel right after ovulation. It follows a consistent pattern and sometimes is so horrible I can't function... I hate it!
I dont really know what I can do to treat it but I am hoping he will have some suggestions. I have a slight tendency to depression outside of PMS but it def gets HORRIBLE after O.

Do you have any issues like this? How do you handle it? Any suggestions?
March 9th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Mine is always the week leading up to AF. It's miserable.. I find that exercise is the only thing that helps. I have tried meds (anti anxiety, anti depression) that don't do anything for me. Just staying busy and active helps me! Eating cleaner helps too. I know it sounds cliche or dumb- but really that's for me at least!
March 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
**rockinmomma**
I had that for a little while, and then it suddenly went away. I finally figured out that I could take a small dose of Zoloft during that time and it kicked it. Somehow it works differently than other anti-depressants... Plus it's supposedly safe during pregnancy.. but I just recently saw an ad on tv where there is some lawsuit against Zoloft about birth defects.. so I dunno now.. Exercise helps too, but I know how hard it is to do when you're already in that "depressed" mood. I have a rather long history of depression. I hope you figure something out!
March 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes!
Sounds miserable! I hope your dcotor is able to do something for you, so you are able to get some emotional relief!
Keep us posted, sweets!
March 11th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I suspected that I was experiencing pmdd a few years ago. I noticed that about a week before AF, I felt a sense of doom, even if everything was fine. For me, just noticing the correlation between the feelings and the timing helped. I was able to rationalize with myself better and understand why I was feeling that way. I used to be heavy into journaling, and it was always good to get my feelings on paper. That also gave me an even clearer picture of when I was experiencing the anxiety and depression. And Maggie is right - exercise is such a big stress reliever! When I was regularly working out, I felt my spirits were more even and positive.

I'm sorry you are going through this - I know it can be awful! Definitely discuss your concerns with your dr and get some feedback.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search