Heavy AF (TMI)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 05:59 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, seriously, this AF is crazy!!! Throughout all my cycles, natural, medicated, D&C, I have never bled this much except for my postpartum bleeding. I pulled out the huge pads leftover from the hospital for postpartum and I had to change it in the middle of the night! During the day, I'm changing the heavy pad like every 2 hours or less. Doesn't that seem like too much? Should I be concerned? The only thing I can think of is that this is my first real AF after having Noah (the other one was more a withdrawal bleed and was VERY light) and so my body is just cleaning itself out? Sorry for the TMI.

My Blog
March 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it could be the first real af after the baby.

When my first was 8 months old I got what I thought was my first PP af and it was light to normal - the next AF I had - I seriously thought I was dying. DH was about ready to take me to the ER. I had major bleeding, horrendous crippling cramps. it was just awful!

the one after that was still heavy, but at least I didn't think I was dying out of my uterus.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 10th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Oh man, love.. That sounds awful! :-/ Hope it lets up soon! If not, see about going to the doctor!! Get better ASAP!
March 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I did some researching and if you saturate more than 1 pad in less than an hour, then it's considered heavy bleeding and even then, there's not much you can do. It sounds like if you have this problem all the time, the doctor can give you something (I'm guessing BCP). The part that I'm not too worried about is I really haven't had that bad of cramps, it's just a lot of bleeding. I'm probably overexageratting because I'm used to them being really light. If it's still this heavy through the weekend, I'll probably call on Monday. But I agree, it's my body cleaning everything out (getting ready for the baby...hehe).

My Blog
March 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can only imagine it's maybe your first real period after Noah, & that's why.
Maybe does stopping breastfeeding have something to do with it?
March 11th, 2011, 12:20 AM
TJSRLS08's Avatar Pregnant with Twins!
Wow that really doesn't sound good and I would call the doctor. There is something they can give you to slow down the bleeding, I just can't remember what it is called (it's not BCP). Good luck!
March 11th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I bled through last night and had to do a middle of the night sheet changing...not so much fun at 3am. Oh well! I really think it's fine. If I had horrible cramping or pain, I would definitely call, but it's just bleeding. And it's all bright red bleeding, so not old blood or anything. I think my body is just cleaning itself out. I just wish it wasn't right before we were going to leave to go out of town. Like I said, if it's still here this heavy on Monday, then I'll call. Otherwise, I just have to endure this craziness!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search