My diet plan - South Beach

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 05:46 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I have started on the SB diet today. I just wanted to post here and share what I'm doing. It's also a good outlet for me, even if no one reads this.

Here's my stats:
Starting weight: 190 pounds
Goal weight: 135 pounds

Day 1:
Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Veggie Juice
(Eggs were good, only ate half though and Veggie Juice is a NO).
Snack - Snap Peas with Laughing Cow cheese (Yum)
Lunch - Chicken Ceasar Salad and Sugar Free Jello (Yum)
Snack - Unsalted peanuts (Yum)
Dinner - Chicken with Asparagus and Mashed Cauliflower (YUM)

Exercise - 1/2 hour on elliptical

Overall, Day 1 went well. Definitely need to find a way to get veggies in the morning. Everything else went well, although I noticed I don't necessarily eat the recommended amounts. It's not that I'm filling up on other non-diet items, but I just can't eat that much. I will admit I did have 1 small cupcake as part of Dessert Day at work (don't shoot me)!

My Blog

Last edited by STL_Beth; March 16th, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
March 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
You should join myfitnesspal.com It's great at helping track foods and calories, proteins, carbs, etc.

How do you like the snappeas? I've never tried them.
March 16th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Dez - I am already using myfitness pal. Problem is I can't keep up with it most of the time. It does make it easier than say figuring the calories/carbs on my own, but I just don't have the time to enter the information.

Snappeas were good. I think it takes some acquiring, but they are best cold and hard. I dipped mine in garlic/herb laughing cow cheese which gives it some flavour. I also enjoy them steamed, too.

Day 2

I'm only going to weigh myself like once a week, but I went ahead and weighed myself last night and apparently I'd dropped about 5 pounds without realizing it (I'm sure it wasn't all from yesterday). So my new weight is 185.

Breakfast - Egg muffins with spinach and a glass of milk (Egg muffins are definitely easier than making scrambled eggs every morning and I barely tasted the spinach, but I have to eat the eggs slowly or I will gag)
Snack - Snap Peas with Laughing Cow Cheese
Lunch - Chicken Ceasar Salad and Low carb yogurt (yummy, especially my chicken)
Snack - Peanuts
Dinner - Roast Beef, Green Beans and leftover cauliflower (Super good)

Exercise - Walking in the evening (check)

Today went pretty good. I will admit that I ate one little caramel bite after our walk and boy, I paid for it. I guess its the metformin and not eating carbs for 2 days. I guess I'll stay away.

My Blog

Last edited by STL_Beth; March 16th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
March 17th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Day 3

Exercise - Elliptical for 30 minutes
Breakfast - Milk, Snap Peas, and Nuts (I felt really sick this morning so all I could do was the milk and then had peas and nuts about an hour later, but still really hungry)
Snack - Snap Peas and Cheese cubes (good)
Lunch - Leftover roast beef and green beans with a jello (beef was dry but food was good)
Snack - Nuts and maybe some cucumber salad (no to cucumber salad...yuck)
Dinner - Baked Fish with Broccoli and cheese and salad (broccoli was surprisingly good and baked fish was really really good).

So far today, I'm super hungry and ready for my snack. I'm doubting my abilities to eat vegetables ALL the time and am really missing some fruit right about now. Do people seriously eat this many veggies all the time?

Update - I was hungry all day long. I ended up snacking on a few m&ms and my nightly caramel. Not sure if that is what is giving me cravings, but I need the little treats. I weighed myself again and I am 182. It seems like I've dropped a lot of weight, but I didn't get a super accurate starting weight, hopefully that is ok!!!

My Blog

Last edited by STL_Beth; March 17th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
March 18th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Day 4

Breakfast - Egg muffin with spinach (I could only eat 1 today)
Snack - Snap Peas with cheese (good didn't even get to the cheese)
Lunch - Grilled Chicken Salad (SUPER good and I did splurge on a brownie)
Snack - Nuts
Dinner - Buffalo chicken with cheese, Kale Chips and Green Beans (OMG, Kale chips are amazing!)

Exercise - Walking tonight (didn't happen)

So I only ate 1 of the muffins today and not even all of it. Clearly wasn't enough since it's only been an hour or so and I'm so hungry. I'm going to wait until either 8:30 or 9 and then I'll eat my snack. But if it's anything like yesterday that wasn't enough. I never felt "full" yesterday until dinner. I really need to figure out a better breakfast solution....GRRR.

UPDATED: Those Kale chips were amazing, I couldn't believe how good they were. Needed some garlic maybe, but will definitely be eating those in the future.

My Blog

Last edited by STL_Beth; March 19th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
March 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Day 5

Breakfast - Eggs and Bacon (didn't even attempt veggies and didn't eat most of the eggs)
Snack - Nuts
Lunch - Culpeppers - Chicken sandwich without the bread and green beans
Snack - Peas
Dinner - Chicken dip, celery, asparagus with proscuitto, other veggies, etc.

Today is pretty unorganized because of the weekend and we will be pretty busy today. I have come to the conclusion that my tummy is too weak in the mornings to eat eggs/veggies, etc. So I'm going to start early and add some carbs back in, but they will be smart carbs. I'm going to find a good low carb, high fiber cereal and do that. I'll still follow no other carbs or fruit for the 2 weeks, but I just can't keep starving myself in the mornings.

P.S. Dinner was fantastic since all of my family was on a diet so everyone brought healthy stuff. They also brought brownies and cupcakes, but other than one little bite from David, I did really good!!!

My Blog

Last edited by STL_Beth; March 21st, 2011 at 05:58 AM.
March 21st, 2011, 05:48 AM
Day 6

Breakfast - Fake Muffins (pretty good - no carbs, but I did put some choc. chips in)
Snack - Peas
Lunch - Chicken Ceasar Salad and Jello
Snack - Peas
Dinner - Pork Tenderloin with Zucchini and Green Beans

Exercise - walking around the zoo

So today was more difficult only because we went to the zoo, but we brought snacks with us and hubby and I were able to share a salad so overall, we did good.

My Blog
March 21st, 2011, 06:03 AM
Day 7

Breakfast - Frosted Flakes (yea I know, not SB friendly, but I was going to start my new cereal this morning and saw those and decided to get rid of the last couple of bowls first before I start the new. They were of course, good, and I did have cravings after, but I satisfied them with pea pods.)
Snack - Cheese
Lunch - Pork and Green Beans
Snack - Nuts
Dinner - Italian Sausage?

I weighed myself this morning and I was down 12 pounds to 178. It still seems like so much and it makes me wonder if I'm not getting enough calories in the day. Maybe this low carb cereal will help slow the weight loss down. I can't believe I would ever say that.

My Blog
March 29th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Ok so this last week has been pretty difficult for me. The first week I was all motivated and I've slowly lost that. I will definitely say I have found some new veggies that I love and others that I can reconfirm that I hate (Tomatoes).

I would say my exercise lacked a lot this week too. So in the end, I would say I did not lose anything this week. BUT, I'm starting to feel motivated again, at least to get out and exercise.

I'm starting to reintroduce some fruits, still maybe 1 at most a day and some starches, always whole grain, usually my cereal. I did cheat a few times. Once at a birthday party where I swear there were NO good healthy options. I'm just trying to generally watch what I eat and make healthy choices. This is the best way for me to stick to a diet and I hope it works. I think the exercise will help too if I can just find some motivation and time, of course!

Here's to hoping a lose a few in the 3rd week!!!!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search