To those who have/had long cycles......

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 08:09 AM
bluebawler's Avatar country*mama*wannabe
I'm sorry for all the multiple questions here lately. But I'm on cd 58 and still no AF . I had some blood on Sunday when me and my husband were messing around but it stopped that night. I think it was because we got too into it(sorry!) But anyway for those that had long cycles leading up to bfp, what made you think you were pregnant and not just have a weird cycle or vise versa?
March 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to start taking Provera to induce AF because I was having long cycles 60+ days. Then I was taking clomid to O. I was charting my cycles to see if I was really Oing or not as well. If I didn't O I took Provera to induce AF again. If I did O then I tested starting at 10DPO to see if I had a BFP or not. 10DPO is really early but I have a POAS addiction, lol! Hope that wasn't too confusing! Good luck!

March 15th, 2011, 08:27 AM
No Marina'sMommy, it wasn't confusing at all. If you don't mind me asking, what were your signs of O? I know you charted but did you have any external signs?
March 15th, 2011, 08:37 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the cycle I conceived DS#2 was a 60 something day cycle. But I was watching for O. I knew I had O'ed about 2 weeks prior to testing.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
with my DS i was on cd 74 or some thing close, my cycles had been a little better since clomid, very long but more regular, my longest cycle was 48 days and i was nearly 3 weeks late for af so i tested before i went to the dr for povera, seriously didnt think i was pregnant but wanted to make sure

March 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience with this, but I hope in your case, AF stays away & we see your BFP!
March 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I don't know sometimes. I think my body is just playing tricks on me.
Sorry, I'm starting to sound like Debbie Downer.
March 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
My only real O sign was a little EWCM. But since I was taking the clomid CD5-9 the doc told us to DTD every other day starting from day 10 to I can't remember now. I O'ed CD 20 that cycle. HTH! Sorry you are feeling down.

March 15th, 2011, 02:13 PM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
You aren't a downer...and questions are good! It's okay to get frustrated - we've all been there, multiple times!!

On my second bfp cycle, I had a very long cycle (60+ days) before my bfp.I was also watching for signs of O - EWCM (which I generally don't get, but I can watch for changes in it at least and know when it's getting more fertile than not) and cervical position were my big indicators. Although I would suspect I'd o'd sometimes (we were ntnp after a previous m/c so I wasn't using opk's) and obviously I was wrong! I looked back at my chart and the biggest things for me were EWCM (close to it anyway), high, very soft cervix, and an increased sex drive

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
March 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Well I also look for those signs. I posted on here a while back that I had cm for like 2 weeks and it was a lot! I keep meaning to get those opks but they're so expensive. I keep trying to check my cp but it's always in a different position every time I check. I've also been having cramps. This may be a silly question but how much cm did you have when you were O'ing?
March 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I got 100 IC OPKs and 20 IC pg tests for $16.88 on amazon.com I never get much CM so I use preseed to help me out just in case I O. Good luck!

March 16th, 2011, 06:31 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to have long cycles..and its actually very unhealthy not to get AF regularly. Anyway, I started taking prometrium and clomid and finally things are happening!
Sounds like you need to talk to your doctor.
March 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis's Avatar missing our 1st miracle
Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyWifey_MrsCurtis
Not too much knowledge on this topic.. but in your case.. i hope we see a BFP soon! GOOD LUCK & hang in there! It's tough to be a woman!

7/11/2011 - Our First Miracle Grew Wings at 11 weeks & 3 days.
(You will be in our hearts forever & ever baby love)

-With God, All things are possible.. Matthew 19:26 ♥
-Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search