Newbie....

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Everyone-

I'm just joining so here's a little about my story. I'm 26 and recently got married on December 31, 2010 to my wonderful husband. We've been together for 6 years and are hoping to have kids soon. One problem, I have PCOS! It was a long struggle to even get diagnosed with something because the doctors at the time thought I was just being lazy and not eating well. I argued with them for 2 full years because gaining almost 80lbs in one year is not acceptable and not normal. Needless to say I finally found a doctor that listened to me.

So here I am 4 years later and we want to try to conceive..... Currently my doctor has just put me on metformin and that has been fun trying to adjust. Hopefully we can get something to work, as I'm pretty anxious both about conceiving and about the struggles we will most like endure in the future. I look forward to all the support and different stories on JM.

-Lyndsay
March 18th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Lyndsay! Welcome!
I'm Maggie, 24, and husband is Rob, 25. We have been trying to conceive about 10 months and have, in that time, experienced 2 losses. We are currently on another round of Clomid and hoping for a STICKY bean this time. I think the PCOS has caused me to have a progesterone deficiency and has been the result of my losses.
I am glad you found us!!
Everyone here is super supportive and helpful and we really do build a major bond. Can't wait to see you apart of it!
March 18th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks Maggie! I look forward to talking with other people that are going through the same thing as me. It's hard when no one else really understands what you're going through...
March 18th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
Lyndsay, welcome to the family!

We've got a great group of girls here...truly amazing, supportive and knowledgeable women! they have been my back bone for over a year, i'm pretty sure i wouldve lose my mind a while ago if it werent for them!!

PCOS is definitely not fun but i am glad to hear you found a doctor who listened to you and figured out what was wrong. i bet not knowing was extremely frustrating! at least you have that out of the way!

I'm Rita (24) and DH is Arthur (25) and we were ttc with pcos for over a year. we underwent numerous fertility treatment before i was approached with Ovarian Drilling Surgery as an option. I had that done in december, was put on metformin 1700mg a day and 3 months later, bam, we got our BFP!

i really hope that your ttc journey will not be too long or too stressful and you can have your baby soon !!

Welcome again, cant wait to get to know you better!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

March 18th, 2011, 08:22 PM
**rockinmomma**
Welcome to the family.. lol.. I'm Jen, 26 and my SO is Matt. We just started TTC #1 and this is our 3rd cycle. We're actually waiting to go on the med route until the fall. The ladies here are amazing!! Sounds like you're having some side effects with the Metformin. I had a horrible time with it a few years ago.. so I don't think I will be trying it again! I hope your time here is short and sweet!
March 19th, 2011, 05:38 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Hi Lindsay! Welcome to the board The best thing about this board is finding caring, supportive women who know exactly what you are going through. Infertility can be a long, lonely journey, and I don't know what I'd do without these girls!

I'm Amie (29) and DH and I tried to conceive for 19 months with two losses before my most bfp. We've had a lot of bfp's around here lately, so I hope the baby dust goes your way!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
March 19th, 2011, 08:34 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi & Welcome!

I hope you find this board of some support & help to you through your journey, like we do!

I'm Amber, TTC#1 for almost 3 years with 4 losses. Doing our 4th IUI with IVF meds in April, befoe my DH deploys in May.

Jump right in & start posting!
March 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments! I've adjusted finally to my metformin and have a doctors appointment in another month so hopefully we will get things rolling withe the fertility drugs. I'm worried about giong on chlomid though. My doctor said alot of people with PCOS have had a rough time with it. What are your ladies experiences?
March 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did fine on Clomid...It has some side effects, but I got pregnant twice on it
March 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Aww that's good to hear! I'm hoping for the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search