Feeling a little down:(

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So today was DD's first birthday party and everything turned out great. But, I just looked through all the pics and I look absolutely horrible and fat in every single one of them I know it's not about me, it's about my daughter, but I'm honestly embarrassed about showing the pics to anyone. I guess I will still post them on FB so my family from out of town can see her first birthday, but I feel so awful about the way I look. The worst is that I've been exercising 4 times a week (my days off) for an hour a day.I've been really watching what I eat too and trying to do lower carbs and more protein. I thought I was starting to look better, even though the scale has barely budged. Sorry to be debbie downer, but I just needed to vent. I hate PCOS and hypothyroidism!!!

March 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM
**rockinmomma**
I'm sorry you're feeling down! Have you had recent thyroid tests to make sure you're getting enough? Just remember it isn't your lack of trying that stops you from being able to lose weight, its the PCOS.
March 19th, 2011, 05:14 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that feeling & it sucks, but remember, your work IS paying off!
Weight loss takes time, so don't be hard on yourself!

Plus, the camera adds 10lbs!

We would LOVE to see pics of her 1st birthday, if you want to share with us!
March 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ditto, cameras are evil lil b@st@rds... remember even super models get airbrushing to look better.

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
March 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Ugh, I know how you feel. Cameras can be so cruel.
I am sorry, love. PCOS is such a beetch. Not fair at all! With the way I eat, I should be a twig- but alas, I am not.
March 19th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
We are our own worst enemies when it comes to ourselves and how we appear to others. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. As for the scale not budging, make sure to take measurements. You'll be amazed at how many inches are lost before the scale moves.
March 19th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Super Mommy
I know what you mean, when you try soooooo freakin' hard and it seems like nothing is going anywhere but up I rarely post photos of myself for that same reason, I am just too embarassed! I try to remind myself when the scales don't move that even if I am not looking better, it has to be better for my body and a healthier body means being around longer for my DD.

Despite how you feel about the photos, I am really glad you all have an awesome 1st Birthday celebration!

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

March 20th, 2011, 02:55 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls, I really needed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschica View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling down! Have you had recent thyroid tests to make sure you're getting enough? Just remember it isn't your lack of trying that stops you from being able to lose weight, its the PCOS.
I had labs drawn last week. I go back to my endo on the 31st and I'm going to ask her to put me back on Metformin. My first cycle of that (along with my third cycle of clomid) helped me finally get my BFP the first time around. I was able to lose weight easier when I was on it, so I'm hoping it will help this time too. I would love to avoid the clomid this time, but if I don't O then I got to my ob/gyn in May and will ask for the clomid. Both docs said I wouldn't have to wait this go around since I didn't O at all last time.

I really appreciate the support ladies. You all have made me feel very welcome

ETA: I will post some bday pics on Monday. Off to work a long 12 hour shift now

March 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
PlusSizeBarbie1988's Avatar *~Nikki~*
Send a message via AIM to PlusSizeBarbie1988
Im sorry about that Sweet'ums I know how you feel.. im horrified of my wedding photos..
- my husband had to pry our album out of my clenched fists, to put it on the mantle.. i was soo unhappy @ the way i looked.. but! My mother told me you may not like the way "YOU" looked but appreciate you were HERE to see how she looked on that special day.. never take existance for granted in what ever shape god blessed you with.. (except my mom said they)
-Im proud of you! that you are keeping healthy keep it up Love!

I'm walking in new shoes now Ive got a new song to Sing..
TTC is one of the most complicated/frustrating situations to go through. remember to Love one another and.. be there for eachother its no-ones fault.. Love and Be Loved..
March 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM
liltuckers21
I hate **** pcos too!!!! I hate cameras and how I look. I know what you mean completely!!! I've been feeling like sheeit lately! I couldn't have said it better! Stick to the exercising and diet! It will pay off!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search