Cartoons

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2011, 04:06 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What shows will you allow your child to watch & which ones will you not?
March 20th, 2011, 06:55 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we limit TV a lot here cause well I figure she has more important/better things to do then watch TV all day, and she is older so she thinks she is "too cool" for cartoons but...
she can't watch-
* iCarly *Wizards of Waverly Place *pretty much everything on Disney or Nickelodeon aside from Sponge Bob

She watches
*Wordgirl * Dinosaur Train *Veggie tales

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
March 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not allow SpongeBob or Fishhooks - they are more vulgar than I think is appropriate for little kids, they are geared toward tweens I think.

The current faves in our house are

Phineas and Ferb - on Disney - it is freaking hilarious! Love this show! And it is clean.
The Backyardigans
Everything on Disney Junior:
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Handy Many
Little Einsteins
Babar
Chugginton
Jungle Junction
Jake and the Neverland Pirates

I think there are a few more that I am forgetting

And in the mornings when they get up before I can function, I put on Veggie Tales on Netflix while I lay in bed and wake up.

we avoid Dora, Diego, and most of the rest of the Nick Jr shows. I just don't like them, the only one we watch is the Backyardigans. And yes the TV is on all day, but they don't watch it all day - like right now they are playing with a milk jug and not paying any attention to the TV at all.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have nothing against todays cartoons, although, for my on personal household, I think I will stick with oldies for my children, such as Veggie Tales, Barney & Disney movies (Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, etc).
I want them to appreciate things like that, as many kids don't these days.

Last edited by MommytoaMiracle; March 22nd, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
March 22nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
bluebawler's Avatar country*mama*wannabe
I agree Mommyto4AngelBabies! The cartoons and movies now a days have little to no morals anymore. It's all about me, me, me! When I have kids I would not let them watch Dora or Diego either. I believe they need to learn to speak English before they learn Spanish. I grew up on cartoons such as Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons and so on. I'll also let them watch the older Disney movies(The Lion King especially!). They taught great lessons and how to treat one another unlike what they have now like Rango (I went and seen it and it had a lot of bad words and adult humor in it.) I also want them to see how animation was before all this 3d animation came about. It had more life when it was 2d in my opinion. Ok, I'm done now lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search