Taking metformin?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
bridgeystew's Avatar Expecting #1
Last month on the 16th I started taking metformin to regulate my cycle. I had been bleeding since October! Well, I was just wondering if anyone else was taking metformin for this reason too and if so has it really done anything for you? I haven't really noticed a difference. I'm not bleeding as much but its definitely still there.
March 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
**rockinmomma**
I've never heard of taken metformin to stop bleeding... maybe some other ladies on here have... How heavy are you bleeding? Like full force AF since October?
March 22nd, 2011, 06:32 PM
It varies. One day it will be really heavy and the next barely even there. She also told me if the bleeding was really getting to me she would give a really strong 2 week dosage of birth control but I am kind of nervous about that.
March 22nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope someone can help you but I'm no help. I take Metformin for general PCOS & I have noticed a difference in my weight & appetite.

Good luck!
March 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
**rockinmomma**
Have they figured out why you're bleeding that much? I had a friend who had this problem, but she had a D&C done to have it stopped, eventhough she hadn't had a m/c...
March 22nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
My doctor said I have PCOS and thats why she put me on metformin. She said it should stop the bleeding and regulate me.
March 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't speak to stopping the bleeding, but I do take metformin to regulate my cycle and to help me ovulate. Worked like a charm for me, but I know other women have different results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search