Not sure what to do

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
liltuckers21
Okay so af was due Saturday and it has been a no show. I am in the middle of moving and every test is a bfn. My doc said wait two weeks to see if af cones on it's own if not take provera. I don't want to wait two weeks because I don't think it's coming. I just Want to take provera to move on. Any ideas? I doubt I'm pregnant.
March 22nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
**rockinmomma**
I'd say ask for the prometrium(sp?)... If you are preggo it won't do anything... If you aren't then AF will show... Did he give you a rational for waiting the two weeks? Btw.. were you testing/temping or anything to make sure you ovulated?
March 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
Tell your doctor you have been testing and would really like to speed things along and go ahead and take the Provera.. I'm sure he/she'll listen.
March 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
liltuckers21
No I have no reason why two weeks. I was taking opk. I will start charting as soon as I get a new cycle
March 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
**rockinmomma**
Ask him to do a beta, or just get the prometrium... The only thing I would be concerned about is that maybe you didn't ovulate... The opks don't work with someone woment with PCOS... but I would talk to him and tell him you don't want to wait two weeks... or ask for an explanation... maybe he has a good reason for waiting? Who knows... sometimes even they dont know
March 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
msladibugg's Avatar Veteran
I agree about asking for Prometrium instead. Same thing happened to me & doc suggested Provera & I asked for Prometrium & had tested negative. Well, 7 days into the Prometrium I took an hpt b/c I hadn't felt well for a week & ended up testing positive. It's always better to be safe, especially if you are TTC.

Thank you Maggie831 for my AWESOME siggy!!
March 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
liltuckers21
I know they don't always work but my doc gave me a bunch to try. I just am concerned with all the spotting and discharge I've been having. Since I left ny I have to wait till I get a doc in ga. I am going to talk to them and see about taking something.
March 22nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
could you call your Dr in NY? I know getting a hold of them can be a pain in the neck but it may be worth a shot

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search