New Here

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hello I have been stalking you ladies for some time now and decided to give in and post. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for 5 years now. Back in 2007 I had an 8cm cyst removed from my left ovary and was lucky enough to not lose my ovary. Like many I am very frusterated with PCOS and have struggled for many years with infertility. My cycles can go from 3 months to 8 months which makes things very difficult. I have gone on and off birth control and just recently decided to give metformin a try. I did well with metformin until this last month when I noticed I was bloated all the time and just felt extremely larger than usual (very odd, I know). Now that I have stopped the medication it seems like conceiving is that much further away, I am going back and forth with the idea of giving it another try or asking my doctor to start something different. And it seems that everyone around me is getting pregnant left and right..sigh. Hopefully I can learn from you ladies and it will give me an understanding support system!
March 25th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
Welcome.....

Metformin can definitely have side effects... bloating is one of them!

My name is Rita, and i was diagnosed with PCOS in Nov of 2009. The women on this board have been a tremendous help! they kept me sane and taught me everything i needed to know about pcos and every thing in between!

Metformin can sometimes be the trick for pcos'ers to get pregnant. I do not know its success rate exactly but i know it has been effective for some. Clomid is another option and so is femara.

I went through numerous fertility treatments for about 9 months before i was approached with the option of Ovarian Drilling. Its a laproscopic surgery, not too invasive which pops the cysts in your ovaries and reduces the testosterone level and allows your body to have normal cycles and ovulation. I had the surgery done in December 2010, and after 3 months of consecutive 28 day cycles and ovulation, i finally got my BFP! its definitely something to consider. I recommend looking into it for everyone with PCOS.

Good luck with everything and i cant wait to get to know you better!

welcome again!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

March 26th, 2011, 07:35 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome!

the magic trick for me was metformin and BCP's - I took BCP's for a few month to avoid AF on a vacation, and the first cycle after stopping them while still on met I got pg with my first!

good luck to you!!!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
babe!
So you were stalking us eh!?
We are so glad to have you- the more cysters the better! Each of us has our own story, our own experience, our own amount of love and support to give each other; and that all boiled together has made us all suuuper strong!
I got pregnant once just coming off BCP and then again in January on Clomid and trigger shot. I lost both pregnancies, but I am super hopeful it'll happen again. We found out from those two losses that I also have a progesterone deficiency- which I think is pretty common in PCOSers.
I love my Metformin, but I know MANY who do not. I guess I am lucky. I do remember if I stopped taking it a few days and then started again, I'd get diarrhea and be miserable for that day. But since they put me on the Extended Release tablets, it has made a WORLD of difference- maybe you could try that!
Anyway, we all look forward to having a new cyster!!

Maggie
March 26th, 2011, 08:41 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

I'm Kathryn, diagnosed with PCOS June '10 and have been on metformin since. I get what Maggie gets if I forget to take my metformin too.

This is a great support system...nothing is TMI and all these women are great!
March 26th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! It feels good to no longer be a stalker. Hearing all of your stories gives me a much better outlook and some things to think about, thanks again!
March 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
**rockinmomma**
Sorry... I'm usually late to the party. I'm Jen 26, soon to be 27, and Matt 28, we just started TTC in Jan... I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago. I tried the Metformin a long time ago.. but it gave me the runs.. like whoa.. so now we're doing it naturally until the fall.. and then we might try with MA.. we shall see! Welcome and I hope you're stay with us here is short and sweet. These ladies are AWESOME! I'm still fairly new here and I already feel like I belong... Glad you decided to join us and post :-)
March 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
I'm late in this thread also, but I wanted to chime in!
I'm Natasha (Those who know me pretty well call me Tot or Tots), 32, and DH is Price, 44, we have been ttc for 20 months with one loss....
I agree the ER Met is much better for me as far as s/e. I typically do not have s/e unless I go off of it then start it back... I too have a day of diarrhea then it pretty much goes away.
Looking forward to getting to know you!
March 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi & Welcome!

I'm glad we made a good impression enough for you to want to join! hehe
I agree with Maggie that you should ask for Extended Release Metformin. It is like night & day with regular Met. Btw, what is your name? I like to put a name with a "face".

I'm Amber, TTC#1 for almost 3 years with 4 losses. We have done everything short of IVF & if we don't get pregnant with our 4th IUI in April before DH leaves in May for Iraq, once he gets back, we will do IVF.

I'm glad you are not a stalker anymore!
March 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM
annem84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Howdy!
I'm Anne (27) been married to Jarrod (29) since June of 2010. We are just starting the TTC process in April. We have one loss @ 12 weeks in January of 2008. Welcome to the board-these ladies are awesome!

I'm also on Metformin--it can be wonderful or horrible all in the same week for me But it has done more + than - so I keep on it.
March 27th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Amber, my name is Amber as well! I'm sorry to hear of all the losses, it's breaks my heart to see people struggling to have babies and others giving theirs away. After seeing a lot of you ladies on metformin I am leaning toward starting it back up. I think I will call the doctor in the morning and try for the extended release.
March 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, FUN! We have the same name!

Let us know how the call to the doctor goes! Good Luck!
March 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Hi Amber! I'm Amie (29) and DH and I have been ttc for about 19 months with two losses before my current pregnancy. I've never been on met, but clearly lots of the cysters have! From what I've seen on this board, everyone seems to have some "magic" formula that works for them, and it's different for everyone...it's just a matter of finding what works for you! Good luck and I can't wait to get to know you more!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search