I wonder...??

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder what the heck makes men think the way they do this was the conversation before he fell asleep and I snuck downstairs to see whatís new on the board today.
Him..your birthday is in a couple weeksÖMe..yes it is..him..so you could really use new pots and pans..Me..your kidding right? Our relationship is that boring that Iím going to get pots and pans for my birthday? Him..well I donít know what to get you..what do you want?..Me..you canít think of anything I would want, you know I like a surprise..Him..your so darn picky how do I know what to get..Me..what do you mean Iím picky, thatís not true..Him..yeah your picky..Me..in what way..Him..well you are a picky eater..Me..what did you plan on getting me groceries for my birthday?

I usually donít mind household items but for some reason for my birthday it rubs me the wrong way because cooking is not my favorite to start with. To me itís kind of like getting a broom for your birthday. Lol I know totally crazy and off topic but I had to share because I am still stewing.
March 27th, 2011, 10:31 PM
**rockinmomma**
Lol... that's a man for ya... I tell my SO I like anything that's shiny or sparkles.. lol... and white gold.. bc I hate the yellow... (yea I'm kinda picky... ) lol
March 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
aprils242001's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprils242001
Lol! That is so funny! My birthday is Thursday and for my gift I got to go to WalMart and get myself an iPod touch. He could not even go get it and give it to me on my birthday.
March 28th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
MEN. Sometimes they don't get it at all. I saw a stand-up comedian JUST YESTERDAY actually talk about this very thing. He said "My wife loved her Easy Bake Oven growing up. So I get her a nice, new oven for her birthday, thinking "She's living her dream!". She was not pleased. I thought I was doing well with getting her the big-girl-oven." (Not exactly that way- but OMG - HILARIOUS !! ) Anyway.. Drop hints if you have to. But like obvious hints- because Lord knows they can't pay attention to hints unless it's to locate the kidnapping location of their truck, xbox, etc.
March 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One year I went on DH's computer and bookmarked a ton of sites and filed them as "what Casey wants for her birthday" I put like 4 gift options and 3 places I would like to go for diner, my birthday is RIGHT before Christmas so I never expect much. But wouldn't you know it... my husband NEVER saw the file, even though he opens the darn drop down list DAILY to get to his nerd sites (gaming forums)....

good luck getting him to wake up. Maybe next time you have a girl friend over leave them alone for 5 min and have her talk to him about your birthday....

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
March 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha, Men are CLUELESS!

Sometimes, you just have to tell them what you want. They definitely don't know how to surprise us!

I hope you DON'T get pots & pans for your birthday! haha
March 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. And men think we are difficult! The easy bake oven joke was too funny because it's totally how they think!
March 28th, 2011, 11:27 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my husband got me pots and pans for Christmas a couple years ago... in his defense I did ASK for pots and pans but a particular set and well he didnt get the right set lol

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
March 29th, 2011, 04:48 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
haha, me and my dh had a simular conversation yesterday, its our wedding anniversay next week and he asked me what i wanted, and i was like a suprise, apparently i am really hard to buy for too

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search