Is it true....

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
bluebawler's Avatar country*mama*wannabe
I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and she said that a women can go up to 3 months without a period and it still not be a concern. Has anyone else been told this? I know you can while taking birth control but I'm not on any. I'm currently on cd 71 so if I still haven't had a period by day 90 is this a cause for concern? I'm just confused. All she wants to do is put me on meds to make me start after the hcg urine test. I still haven't heard about the blood test. Anyway thanks!
March 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hoping To Be A Mommy
With PCOS, as I'm sure you know- it's common to go LONG periods of time without it. That's what makes the whole TTC ordeal frustrating. I think you should be monitored and on progesterone to bring on AF when necessary. I think at this point, a urine test is probably what she's willing to do especially if there isn't hard evidence of ovulation (which is also common in PCOS, not ovulating) I have never heard anyone say 3 mos without a period is not a concern. Because, frankly, with no reason- it IS a concern. The lining builds up and could cause scar tissue if this goes on for long enough- possibly making TTC even HARDER later on. Sometimes I wish I had the MD!
But hang in there, test soon and by those results, get put on progesterone. If you are pregnant, you won't get your period. If you aren't, you will. (IN MOST CASES)
March 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
March 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM
**rockinmomma**
I haven't heard that one... but my last doc, which I didn't like too much... wasn't concerned that I went over 9 mo without a period... but of course I wasn't TTC at the time... I say get a new doc.. lol
March 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
bluebawler's Avatar country*mama*wannabe
Thanks gals! Ya, I thought that was a little odd too. I got my blood test back and it was negative so I get to start my provera. She said that I can either wait and not take the provera until my annual exam in April because by then I'll be 3 months without a period or just go ahead and take it and have me start. I'm really debating on what to do.

I also had another question. If I take the provera and it makes me start then I take clomid, do ya'll think it may regulate me? I've read(but I can't remember where) that taking metformin and clomid for one cycle can sometimes regulate you. It happened to my friend so I was wondering what ya'll think.
March 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can happen, but it's hard to say, since it's s different for every woman...We can hope

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search