Birth control

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrMomJLS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 09:33 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are your thoughts on it? Have you ever been on it? After you have children will you get on it? Is there a certain kind you prefer? Tell me all your feelings on it.

August 30th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been on it countless times, it never seems to help for very long. I have gone through so many brands I couldn't even name them all. After 6-18 months it just stops working and I end up bleeding and cramping for a month+ and have to switch to something else. Now I just don't bother with it. If I have an episode like that I will go on it for 3 months to get it to stop and then go back off the BC. I've had good luck with some making it way easier to maintain my weight and even lose some, but others have made it harder to maintain and I've ended up gaining. If I ever end up pregnant I will probably not go back on it unless I have to. My doctor thinks having a child will help my body but if things are still as bad I'll probably just get a hysterectomy. I'm in an extreme situation that probably isn't super relevant to you though.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
August 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
DrMomJLS's Avatar Veteran
I don't mind it in principle, but don't like some of the side affects I had when I was on it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that after this baby, lol. I'm def not ready for another anytime soon (and perhaps never). Maybe we'll just use condoms, lol.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

August 30th, 2012, 05:32 PM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
Being on BC was the ONLY way I knew when my period was going to show up. It helped me maintain and even sometimes lose weight and took away ANY sign of a cramp. Since being off it I couldn't even pretend to be able to predict my cycle but I do know when/if we have children (adoption or otherwise) and we decide not to have any more then I will go back on it. I have been on Tricyclin 21, Yasmin, and the minipill ... none worked better than the others just different doctors preferred different types.

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

August 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I was on NuvaRing for years and loved it. I got "normal" periods with it and never even knew I had PCOS until I got off of it. So I'm contemplating going back to that... just not sure.

September 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
I'm not much help here, Aubs....
Honestly, after LinLeigh is born, I will likely have the Essure procedure done as a form of perminant bc. My Mom's chronic illness that ended up killing her began as breast cancer, so I'm just not a fan of introducing multiple hormones into my body for the long term when we are sure that this one is it for us.
My Sister had it done and it worked wonderfully!

But, you need to figure out what works best for you. If you felt good and enjoyed the fact that with the NuVa Ring you only had to worry about it every three weeks, then I say go for it! Some don't like the fact that with the bcp you have to make sure you remember to take it daily. There are definately pros and cons to them all, and there are so many alternatives to choose from!

How long are you planning to be on bc before trying again? (just curious )
September 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Honestly I'm not sure we will try again. We both always wanted two but after the TTC process, a not so enjoyable pregnancy and a rough labor DH says absolutely no more. We're still young so we don't want to make any permanent decisions just incase we change out minds... Everyone says we will lol

Something I don't know if I shared before, I had really bad hemroging hours after Summer arrived. It happened on my way to the shower, blood clots the size of grapefruits... The one nurse still helped walk me to the bathroom to rinse off. I felt faint so she grabbed me a chair, the next thing I know I was waking up to about 4 or 5 nurses around me trying to bring me to. DH said the nurse screamed to him "get help NOW" when I passed out. He said he thought I was dead. It was a horrible experience for him and that's a big reason he doesn't want to do it again. He doesn't want to even risk it. Being a new dad, knowing next to nothing about newborns and having a nurse holler that to him, seeing me lifeless with his brand new daughter in his hands... He said he panic. Didn't know what to do with her or where or what he should have been doing. I can't even imagine how he felt. So for him to fear having more because of that I support him... Sorry I'm rambling, but I just wanted to clarify why he says absolutely no more.

September 3rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Aubrey-with as scary as it is I have a feeling once Summer is older and baby fever kicks in you'll want to try again. But I can TOTALLY understand why it really scared him.

I don't think I'll ever go back on BC. If for some reason I become super fertile after a baby and get PG again then I'll probly get my tubes tied since we've always said 3 is our max.
September 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
DrMomJLS's Avatar Veteran
I think eventually we will get some sort of "permanent" BC...likely a vasectomy. But we don't want to close any doors too soon in case we change our minds I think if we have any more, it'll be just one more...and not for a WHILE, lol! Lily is still full-time care (she functions on a 8-10 month level) and for my sanity we'll need to wait until she is a bit more independent (which could be quite a long time) AND new baby is a bit more independent, before we consider any more. And at that point we might just decide we're done, lol.
preetianm likes this.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search