September Chat Thread

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well it's September so we need a new chat thread!

Manda had asked how my OPKS were doing over on the August thread. The answer is, not very well. The darkest they got was on CD11 which was a little darker than halfway and they have been getting lighter since then. Yesterday's was pretty much non-existent. I haven't taken one today yet. I am expecting a call from the nurse on Tuesday and if I don't get a positive by then I'm pretty sure they are going to want me to come back in.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
What cycle day are you on now?
Is there any chance that your body may have geared up to O but just hasn't yet?
I'm hoping you get your surge very soon!

How is everyone doing? I've been super busy with work and staying very tired every evening. (What's new, right??) BUT tomorrow is my and Price's 7th Wedding Anniversary so Price, Dad, and I are going to Red Lobster and out shopping for the day. I'm really looking forward to it!
September 1st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Aubrey- To answer your question from August. Not a whole lot of BD. DH has been really "not in the mood" the past few months. I know it's a lot of his weight and the whole low testosterone thing and I got him medicine in hopes that it would help but so far it's not really helped that much. I mentioned getting him something else and he really kinda went super no on me. I dunno what I'm gonna do. I guess I just really need to stick with dieting and getting him to as well. And as soon as I get some money I'm gonna start maca powder and he's just gonna hafta get over it. LOL I think if I get a + opk he will BD as much as we need but I'm SO tired of the forced thing. I was hoping we could just kinda ttc and make it fun but it's back to a chore and we just started again. *sigh* Also I never did get to take an OPK today cause I forgot to take them with me to babysitting today. I need to stick some in my purse so this won't happen again....

Tasha-I really hope your OPK's turn positive. I'd hate to see you not ovulating again. Have you and your doc discussed possible next steps?

Tot-I hope you have an excellent anniversary!
September 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
I'm on CD16 now. I think I may have started to try to O on CD9 or so and then just didn't. I don't have much hope that I will now. If I go back to the doctor I'll get an u/s done to see what my follicles look like and I'll know more then. We haven't talked about next steps yet but since they can only up the Clomid two more times I plan to talk about it at my next appointment.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 2nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
I hope this cycle isn't out yet! Even on clomid, I usually didn't O until like cd16-18 at best. MOF, the cycle I got pg, I think I O'd on cd 17. So good luck and let us know how your appt goes.

Manda- Thanks!! I'm excited!
September 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Well my OPK was darker this morning so hopefully that's a good sign. I know on Clomid you can O as late as CD20something but I've never O'd or had good looking u/s after my CM stopped being fertile. I know Clomid can mess with your CM though so hopefully that's just what happened. Even if they get darker tomorrow and Tuesday I'll still probably make an appointment unless it's actually positive.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 3rd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Ohhhh I hope they keep getting darker! I was reading about your extreme endo on the BCP post and wondering if you had tried bee pollen? I have a friend from the TTC #1 board who has super extreme endo and she said that it's actually been helping her. Just a thought

I'm totally sitting around having a lazy boring day. Got to read my accounting homework and work on that but other than that not much going on. I love it! But since I'm so bored I'll probably be researching stuff which means I usually post more LOL
September 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Well this morning it was lighter again but I know you're not really supposed to use FMU so we will see what the afternoon brings. I've never tried bee pollen or even heard of it but it's definitely something I will look in to!

Today we are going to my sister's house to color my hair. She lives about an hour and a half away. Then after we color my hair we are all going out to dinner. I don't know if we're going to stay there longer than that or come home. So I don't think I'll be on much today.
aubers68 likes this.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm really hoping for the best for you!

I've been having a lifetime movie network marathon today. And today they're all having to do with babies. But of course with a little bit of a psycho twist. I'm such a sucker for a cheesy lifetime movie!
September 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
I have been using the OPK also, and none of mine for more than a month has been dark as they say. some were almost none existant, but some where close...
September 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I got a +OPK! I really did! I almost can't believe it.

Diana (I'm assuming that's your name?) - If you aren't O'ing they won't ever get as dark as they are supposed to. I just had 3 anovulatory cycles in a row and mine were like you say, some close and some practically blank. I'd consider either finding a doctor to prescribe you Clomid or Femara or starting Soy Iso's yourself in order to help your body ovulate.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!!! How about some cycle updates??? Any special plans for anyone this weekend?? We have absolutely nothing going on...

September 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoj View Post
I got a +OPK! I really did! I almost can't believe it.

Diana (I'm assuming that's your name?) - If you aren't O'ing they won't ever get as dark as they are supposed to. I just had 3 anovulatory cycles in a row and mine were like you say, some close and some practically blank. I'd consider either finding a doctor to prescribe you Clomid or Femara or starting Soy Iso's yourself in order to help your body ovulate.
i had several near dark enough, but then spotted for 2 weeks. where can i get soy Iso? how to take it and how much does it cost?
September 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubers68 View Post
Hey ladies!!! How about some cycle updates??? Any special plans for anyone this weekend?? We have absolutely nothing going on...
I should get crosshairs tomorrow I think! At the beginning of this cycle I said a BFP would be wonderful but I'd really be happy just to ovulate, and it looks like I got that. Of course I'm hoping for a BFP too but I feel like even being able to hope for that is a blessing. I think i'm going to test on the 15th which should be 10DPO.

This weekend we are watching my sister's dogs since her and her DH are going to Disney for his grandparent's anniversary. I also just got my anniversary present (Sims 3 Supernatural) so i'm sure I will be playing that a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purvis_diana View Post
i had several near dark enough, but then spotted for 2 weeks. where can i get soy Iso? how to take it and how much does it cost?
I think you can get it from the drug store. You take it like Clomid, so for 5 days in a row. I think you start off with a lower dose and then increase it each day or every other day. Aubrey conceived Summer using Soy so she should know more than I do. I don't think it's that expensive though.
aubers68 likes this.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'd like to call attention to the fact that my FF ticker now says 3DPO. That's right, I got crosshairs! I almost feel like it's too good to be true.
*Manda*, aubers68 and DrMomJLS like this.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Tasha- Congrats on getting CHs!! It's soooo exciting, isn't it???

Yesterday we went to Church (Our Association weekend, kinda like some Church's Homecoming), then because it came a monsoon rainstorm while we were outside under sheds eatting, we came home and changed into our dry clothes and ended up taking a nap (I Loooooovvvveeeee NAPS!!).

Today I got to sleep in then my DSS came over for a little while and we have been watching football and eating! DH fixed steaks, shrimp, and asparagus on the grill and it was soooooo good! I'm so full, but I'm excited about having left-overs later! haha How sad but funny is that???

I really need to be doing some paperwork that I brought home with me this weekend, but my right hand CTS is really bothering me and I just can't get into it. As I'm typing right now, my thumb, index and middle fingers are so numb and tingly and it makes my hand hurt so bad! BUT it's all very worth it! Hopefully only about 3 more months of having to deal with it!

What's everyone else up to this weekend!?!?!?
September 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We went out of town all weekend. Just got back home and now DH is watching football. Ugh. My house is SO messy with junk. We're trying to get our old trailer cleaned up and ready for yardsales and it's just too much stuff. Blah! Best part about getting this new job, hiring a cleaning lady!
September 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry ladies... I come in asking for an update and forgot to check back in I'm lame I know

So exciting you got your CHs Tasha!!!

Natasha have you always had CTS? Or just during pregnancy?

Amanda I seen you had a camper for sale... I wish we were closer and I wish we could afford it! hahaha we really want one. Maybe one day.... oh and CONGRATS! on your new job!!!

September 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Congrats on the new job! I don't work so there's really no reason we need a cleaning lady but I still wish we could get one.

DH is getting impatient. He asked me yesterday if I was pregnant yet. I said that's impossible and explained how long implantation takes and how long after that you can get a BFP. I wasn't going to test until 10DPO but I think he wants me to start at 8. I guess we'll see.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's cute that DH is getting impatient Tasha. Hopefully your tests reveal GREAT news!

Aubree-Yeah we are selling our camper. We don't whole heartedly want too but it's expensive and we've only used it one time. It's hard to find enough time! Nobody's really called or anything on it yet so we're hoping it sells but since we JUST got it this past year we really need to hit a certain $ or we lose money.

My allergies are SO bad lately. I think it's cause we brought up a bunch of stuff from our old trailer that's been sitting there for a year. When we moved into this house it was because DH's dad was very ill and we had to move in so that we could take care of him. We kinda had to up and abandon our trailer(it's on the same property) and just move the essentials up here. We've really procrastinated but we're finally gonna tear down the trailer so we're getting stuff out. ANYWAYS, I said all that to say that I think having that stuff that's been sitting in dust for a year is really bothering me. Sucks I'm trying to go through it but it's a lot of boxes. Maybe I'll still want too tonight lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search