Eating healthy/Being healthy

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Okay, so I'm really curious to know if anybody is currently on the weightloss wagon or just trying to generally be healthier like I am?

I'm off and on but this time I'm REALLY trying to improve my health. I'm learning to be more "crunchy" in my ways of things. Trying to eat more organic(which is hard around here because we don't have organic stores) and just generally eating better. I've been trying to drink more smoothies for a while now which is great at getting me more fruits in. And most excitedly I JUST ordered a juicer from amazon. I can not WAIT to start putting SO many vitamins in my body without popping pills. It's like this is my new obsession and what a crazy good one to have.

Am I all alone? Anybody else obsessing about this? Hehehe

OH! As I research I'll probably start posting in Healthy Cysters again so be sure to keep an eye up on that subforum!
September 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am, but not going crazy. I mostly just try to cut carbs when I can. I LOVE carbs so this has been a struggle for me. I think I'm the only one who can literally eat bread for dinner and be happy about it. So cutting down on those is my main focus. I can't go as low carb as I probably need though since we just can't afford it.
aubers68 likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Speaking of low carb, I'm trying spaghetti squash tonight as a substitute for pasta. Have you ever tried it?
September 3rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have actually! Its good in its own way, but doesn't cut it as a substitute for me. There's a much bigger difference between spaghetti and spaghetti squash than there is between rice and cauliflower rice for example.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
i am getting back on it myself
September 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Eek. I hope I like it okay cause it's not even a side for tonight I'm planning on it being the main course...
September 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you like it Amanda??

September 4th, 2012, 02:21 AM
I'm always off and on the low-carb thing. I am actually supposed to avoid carbs most of the time, due to another condition that I have that does not allow me to properly digest them... gastroenterologist's orders.

I have been back on the low-carb kick now for a week and have lost 12lbs, yay! All I can say, however, is thank goodness that I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen... if I hated cooking or was not good at it, I'm sure I would not be able to do this. Cooking, its science for hungry people.

I have come up with low carb alternative recipes to just about ANYTHING... except for pasta... so I need to try this spaghetti squash thing. hahaha.
September 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Good luck ladies!

Manda- How's your juicer and how was the spagetti squash??
September 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't care for the squash that much but I hafta try again cause I still have 4 more of them somebody gave me! And I haven't even gotten to try my juicer yet! Eek. Maybe I'll bust that out tonight. I have some veggies I gotta do soon before they go bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search