Question about Ovulation - X posted

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 07:08 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Hey ladies, just popping in with a question....

I am on my 1st round of clomid and been having daily u/s to check follicles and eggs....

I went on monday and there was a follicle that measured 20mm, went back this morning and it has gone, I have been told to go for a blood test to check the hormone levels and to see if I released a egg.

I have been doing OPKs and have had a +, so my question is would I have got a + OKP if I didnt release an egg, or can I get a + OPK from the clomid and because I had a follicle???

TIA for any advice, we have been TTC this baby for nearly 3.5 years with 2 M/C and we need a break!!

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

September 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I'm no u/s tech but it sounds to me like you already ovulated! KUP on what the blood test says but I'm thinking you're in the TWW!

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility
September 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it sounds like you ovulated to me! They will be able to tell by getting your progesterone levels. The good thing about doing it this way is if you did O but your levels are low they can get you on some supplements. Low progesterone can cause miscarriage so we really don't want that!

However it is possible to get a +OPK and not ovulate. Sometimes the body tries to O and thus you get fertile CM and an LH surge but for some reason can't. Here's a chart of someone who had that happen to them. If she had ovulated her temps would have went up and she would have gotten cross-hairs (a vertical line through the day of O and a horizontal cover line).

Ovulation Chart

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Sounds like to me you already O'd!!

KUP on your bloodwork and everything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search