EWCM/Ovulation

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rgirl87

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Veteran
So I am VERY confused. I am CD 14. Took letrozole CD 3-7. Started OPK's CD 8. Not even near a positive yet. Second line is SOOOO light still... But I have been having ovary spasm/twitches from CD 10-12 and have had sore boobs for about that time too. I know I didn't miss my surge as I test twice a day. So I am VERY VERY confused as I wiped and had EWCM VERY stretchy and clear and as far as I have known I have NEVER had any kind like this, even when I ovulated on Clomid. So I am just wondering if I ovulate/about to ovulate? Usually OPK's gradually get darker when I am about to ovulate but nothing at all.

Thanks!
September 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clomid is known for drying out CM and letrozole doesn't have that same side effect from what I understand, so it's probably normal for you to be noticing extra. I have random abdominal pain/cramps throughout my cycle so I'm not really much help there. One of my friends is on letrozole and the first month she ovulated it wasn't until quite late - like in the CD20's. I don't know exactly how common that is but I probably wouldn't start to freak out yet if I were you. You normally O the last day of EWCM and should get your +OPK a day or so before that, so if you just started noticing the EWCM you'll probably get one within a few days. It's possible to have multiple batches of fertile CM though or have it for a week plus. I would just keep taking the OPKs and BD every other day or so just in case you have a really short surge or something and miss it. Good luck! I hope this helps you get your rainbow baby.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Veteran
Thank you for the info! It does make sense I guess I am just not used to the EWCM since I was on Clomid before. I will continue to test. When I was on Clomid I didn't get a positive untill CD 17 and as late as CD 20. But I don't know with Letrozole if it will change. I do go in the 13th to get progesterone checked and I start the Prometrium tonight so I guess we will see
September 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Veteran
So I got a smiley!! Gonna ovulate soon hopefully! I did take my prometrium last night but I looked up and it can't give u false positive because promethium is progesterone and has nothing to do with LH but I don't know cuz when I was starting to take provera to start this cycle I was getting dark opks but reading it says it can't but I'm going to call doc to make sure
~* Natasha *~ likes this.
September 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Veteran
Doc said it would not cause a false positive!!! yay!!
September 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Woo Hoo!! Go girl!!!
I was going to suggest that when you have good EWCM to start with the BD because that typically means your body is gearing up to O..... Guess you already know that now! lol

Good luck!!
September 7th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Veteran
Thanks Natasha! I have another post on here with pics of my OPK digi's Still have my surge, just did another test after only 2 hrs hold and still going strong! Keep your fingers crossed!!
September 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
which OPK is best?
September 7th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Veteran
The ones I use and know that a lot of other ladies use are the Wondfo ones. Amazon.com has them and you can get those and pregnancy tests in a bundle for cheap. I think I paid 17 with shipping for 50 ovulation and 25 pregnancy but I don't remember. And then I use the clear blue digital when I think my cheapies are positive
September 8th, 2012, 07:00 AM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
cool, thanks for the info
September 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get these from amazon and have had good results with them. They are the cheapest ones I could find. 50 Ovulation Prediction Strips & 20 Pregnancy Test Strips

I've heard bad things about the Answer OPKs so I would stay away from those. One side of the test line can often be darker than the other which makes them harder to read.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search