trying for a 2nd

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I definitely have all the bad signs of pcos. It started when I was 15 yrs old. At 25 I decided I wanted to try and have a baby. My obgyn put me on metformin (500mg 2x daily) after my 3rd cycle I definitely had a positive pregnancy test. My son is now 3 yrs old I am now 28 and my husband and I want to have another baby. I have been on metformin now for about 6 months and still no luck. I have been doing alot of research and have read alot about vitex and pcos. Could anyone hear give me some advice or share some of thier stories about vitex.
September 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and

That's great that you were able to conceive the first time so quickly! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble this time, though. I'm assuming you don't have regular cycles? If you do you shouldn't take Vitex as it can actually mess them up. Other than that I don't know much about it as I've never taken it. I do know you can take it and metformin together, but you cannot take vitex and clomid together. From what I understand Vitex is supposed to be a long term deal, and you may not see results for several months after starting to take it.

Good luck, and I hope the vitex helps you! If not I hope you find something that does. Please keep us updated so if someone else comes along looking for advice we can share your story.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you. And no my cycles are very irregular upto maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I never knew you could take vitex and metformin together. Was gonna ask my dr about that and prenatals. We are hopingg to start the vitex by next friday if not that fertlity blend. We have heard alot about both and we are just waiting to talk to dr about it. As soon as we now I wil definitely keep posted and let you know what the verdict is. Thank you so much.
September 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No Problem! I hope your appointment goes well.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Tags
pcos , trining to concieve , vitex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search