TTC #2 with PCOS

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By polarbearmama
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!! I was diagnosed with PCOS in December 2003. I went through almost 6 years of fertility treatments and got pregnant on my own with my son in 2009. I got pregnant in June of this year but sadly it was a chemical pregnancy and ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks (July 29th). I ended up getting my period shortly after I stopped bleeding from the miscarriage. I did the OPK's (first time ever using them) and got what I think was a positive one on September 30th and October 1st. We BD'd a couple times (Sept. 27th, 30th & Oct. 1st.) I usually have 37-38 day cycle (sometimes longer, we know how PCOS is with our cycles). So I'm technically 3 days late according to the app on my phone. I've taken tests (a few actually) since 8DPO. I really wasn't expecting anything at 8DPO to show up on the test but I still tested. I tested yesterday and again, negative. I had symptoms that made me think I was pregnant but they have since went away. Any ideas or suggestions?
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

October 18th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Firstly, welcome to the board and I'm terribly sorry about your loss. I think BBT charting is extra important for us PCOS ladies as we are so often anovulatory. You can get a positive OPK and still not O but your temps will conform it for you. It also gives a firm date so you know when you are actually "late"

If you did O after your +OPK you'd be about 14/15 DPO when you posted this. It's possible AF just hasn't shown up yet or you could be one of those people who have a hard time getting positive HPTs. All you can really do is keep testing. Good luck!

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 19th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I'm confused... my doctor told me that no matter what, PCOS or not, as long as you get a period you ovulate. All the testing I've done, I've always ovulated when I got a period but the issue is, my periods are unpredictable. I get them every month I guess you could say, but I could have a cycle as long as a 52 days.

Also, I have temped before and I for the life of me could not figure it out. My temps seemed to be all over the place.

October 20th, 2012, 06:02 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Kelli to the board!

I just saw my doc yesterday and told her about a 45 day cycle I had and she said it was unlikely that I ovulated since if someone doesn't ovulate after CD 22, then they most likely won't. I hadn't heard that before, but wonder with PCOSers, that the uterine lining builds up so thickly that it sheds itself (thus a period), rather than ovulation induced??

I also have heard of really late ovulators, so I kind of question what she was saying about not ovulating "generally" after CD 22. And I've read somewhere where the body tries to give itself several chances to ovulate (like how stress and illness can push ovulation back).

Did you test again?
KeLLiC09 likes this.

October 20th, 2012, 06:52 AM
If you have a regular cycle chances are you do ovulate, but it isn't for certain. The wonkier your cycles get the less the chances are. You can ovulate at any time though, be it CD9 or CD60. Back before I was getting medical help I'd have between four and one periods a year. I would bleed but I never ovulated as far as I'm aware. The reason you bleed when you haven't ovulated can either be that your uterine lining got too thick to sustain itself or a drop on estrogen levels.
KeLLiC09 likes this.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 20th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearmama View Post
Welcome Kelli to the board!

I just saw my doc yesterday and told her about a 45 day cycle I had and she said it was unlikely that I ovulated since if someone doesn't ovulate after CD 22, then they most likely won't. I hadn't heard that before, but wonder with PCOSers, that the uterine lining builds up so thickly that it sheds itself (thus a period), rather than ovulation induced??

I also have heard of really late ovulators, so I kind of question what she was saying about not ovulating "generally" after CD 22. And I've read somewhere where the body tries to give itself several chances to ovulate (like how stress and illness can push ovulation back).

Did you test again?
I haven't tested anymore. I have no symptoms and just don't think it's my month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoj View Post
If you have a regular cycle chances are you do ovulate, but it isn't for certain. The wonkier your cycles get the less the chances are. You can ovulate at any time though, be it CD9 or CD60. Back before I was getting medical help I'd have between four and one periods a year. I would bleed but I never ovulated as far as I'm aware. The reason you bleed when you haven't ovulated can either be that your uterine lining got too thick to sustain itself or a drop on estrogen levels.
According to my OPK's, I ovulated around CD26 which my doctor told me to start doing OPK's around CD20. I got positive OPK's on Sept. 30th & Oct. 1st. I have however been very PMS-y if you would say lol

October 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM
People usually O within 12-48 hours of their first +OPK. So that would put you at about 19DPO now. Getting to 19DPO and not being pregnant is very unlikely. So I would say you are either preggo or didn't O when you think you did. You could have had what's called a double peak, which is when your body tries to O and you get all the fertile signs and a positive OPK but for some reason your body aborts it and you actually O later.
KeLLiC09 likes this.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 22nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I am like 22DPO and I took another test this morning with FMU and it was negative. I either missed my window or I didn't O. Or maybe I O'd later like you said. Either way, I just wish I knew lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search