Nervous!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was a bad girl and took an OPK. My temps the past two days seem to be very similar to this time last cycle, so I'm thinking it's possible I will O in the next few days. My OPK would back that assumption up as it's dark but not positive yet. We are supposed to be NTNP this cycle but I may try to BD today or tomorrow if it's not super inconvenient. Feeling really conflicted as I'm scared of two losses in a row but I also don't want to "waste" an ovulation since they are less common for me than I'd like.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
purvis_diana's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to purvis_diana Send a message via Skype™ to purvis_diana
I understand your concern. Wish I knew what to say.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!
November 8th, 2012, 05:44 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, this may not be the most helpful advice, but take it for what it's worth.

In a IRL situation, I have a friend with two boys who desperately desperately wants to try for a third with the intention that she have a girl, but she's not sure she wants to risk it and end up conceiving a third boy. She was pretty torn about this for awhile, so I finally asked...if in your heart you can handle having a 3rd boy, then by all means, go for it! If you know you really can't handle it, then maybe you should stop at the two you have. (Sounds harsher than I really put it). At this point, she has decided to stop at the two she has.

So, in your situation. In your heart, if you think you could possibly handle another loss (EVEN though that may not happen!!), then I say go for it and actively TTC this cycle. If you KNOW that a second loss (which again, may NOT happen) so soon will put you over the edge, I would just try to wait until you feel you may be ready.

Hope that helps? I'll be thinking of you!

November 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With having a chemical, my doctor told me to not attempt to try until at least the 2nd cycle. So you would go through the MC bleeding. Then have your period. Then this cycle (2nd cycle) you could try.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

November 8th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Thank you guys. My doctor said I couldn't take clomid again until after my first AF but didn't say we had to prevent this cycle or anything. From what I understand there is no medical need to wait a cycle it's just more convenient for dating purposes if you wait, because you can O at any time your first cycle even less than a week after HCG is zero.

I decided that if DH wanted to I wouldn't turn him down but I wouldn't initiate anything either. We did BD this morning so I guess we will see how it goes. I may not even ovulate at all so I just won't worry about it till I see what is going on.
KeLLiC09 likes this.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 8th, 2012, 04:26 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm no DR but I think your chances of back to back miscarriages are slim, although possible, don't get me wrong... anyways I would take any chance when you can. I know when I was TTC I couldn't pass anything up... as much as I would say "Oh we will take this cycle off" I never truly did... obviously you know how hard it is to follow through with that since you took an OPK

November 8th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
I ovulated about 10 days after my mc (early for me) and conceived my 3rd dd who is now 3 months old. There is no need to wait with an early normal mc. In fact, many say you're more fertile. Good luck!

November 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks guys! Aubrey I probably wouldn't be so worried except one of the girls from TTC 6 months + recently had back to back miscarriages.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoj View Post
Thank you guys. My doctor said I couldn't take clomid again until after my first AF but didn't say we had to prevent this cycle or anything. From what I understand there is no medical need to wait a cycle it's just more convenient for dating purposes if you wait, because you can O at any time your first cycle even less than a week after HCG is zero.

I decided that if DH wanted to I wouldn't turn him down but I wouldn't initiate anything either. We did BD this morning so I guess we will see how it goes. I may not even ovulate at all so I just won't worry about it till I see what is going on.
There isn't a medical need to wait but they suggest it just so your body gets back to "normal". Good luck sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubers68 View Post
I'm no DR but I think your chances of back to back miscarriages are slim, although possible, don't get me wrong... anyways I would take any chance when you can. I know when I was TTC I couldn't pass anything up... as much as I would say "Oh we will take this cycle off" I never truly did... obviously you know how hard it is to follow through with that since you took an OPK

That is exactly what my doctor told me. It's very slim for it to happen again especially chemical pregnancies but it has happened.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

November 11th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Well my temp still hasn't gone up and I'm still getting like half dark OPKs so I don't know what is going on, but I don't think I've ovulated yet. I've decided to start using OPKs twice a day as right now not having a clue is more frustrating than knowing what they look like. If I don't get a positive by Friday then I'll call to get my provera prescription.

TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search