Hello

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Thought I would come and join you ladies over here...I've not been diagnosed with pcos yet, but I had an ultrasound today and was told that both my ovaries are polycystic. She said that I had a lot of follicles and that meant my eggs weren't maturing. I'm still waiting on blood results to come back and to get the rest of the results from the scan because she didn't tell me very much. I'm just feeling very down and frustrated. I started charting this month and ff just gave me cross hairs this morning. I was so so so excited thinking that I'd ovulated and there was a chance this could be my month but now I don't know what to think. Don't know if this means that I don't ovulate ever. It's gonna be a long couple of weeks waiting for these results.
November 11th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are feeling so down. I remember when I first got diagnosed and how hard that was. We are here for you any time you need to vent about it. Usually ff is pretty good about crosshairs meaning you did ovulate so hopefully you have! That is a big part of the battle if you do have PCOS. If you want you can put a link to your chart and I'll take a look at it for you.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 11th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Thank you!

I know I need to keep positive, especially because I'm not even 100% sure what I'm dealing with yet...just didn't want to be told I have polycystic ovaries. I knew I had one cyst because of all the pain I've been in recently, but I just wanted it to be that one cyst....oh well. I wish there wasn't so much waiting involved with ttc...I am no good at waiting! lol

I tried to link to my chart but it won't let me put it in because I don't have enough posts. Is there anyway to do it?
November 12th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hmm I thought you could post links when you got to 10 posts. Maybe it's more than that. You can try to put it in your signature. Up at the top of the page you should see a row of pink links the second one if User CP. You go there to edit your signature.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 13th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Ahh, thank you! It's in my signature now. I would be really grateful if you could have a look...I'm really confused by it. I don't see how I could have ovulated because most of my temps after O are either the same or lower than my temps pre O. Not really sure what to make of it! I thought they should be continuing to go up, not hanging around by the coverline.
November 14th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Personally to me it doesn't look like you've ovulated yet. I'm actually kind of surprised FF has given you cross hairs. If you have ovulated, I think it's more probable it was two days later on CD14. You haven't had a dip below coverline since then and it was your last day of fertile CM. Usually ovulation occurs on the last day of fertile CM, but there are always exceptions. But it's quite possible you haven't ovulated at all yet. How long are your cycles normally?

It is possible to ovulate and your post-O temps to be similar to your pre-O temps. Look at my chart from August. I did have a dip for a few days before ovulating though.

My Ovulation Chart

Unfortunately unless you go in for a progesterone test all we can do is wait. There is so much waiting involved in TTC, it's ridiculous! If you did ovulate then you should get either a BFP or AF in a few days. You can probably test in four or five days if you want. Really you could test as early as tomorrow but if it's negative that won't necessarily mean anything. In the meantime I would continue to act as if you haven't ovulated, meaning keep BD'ing every two or three days.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 15th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking I haven't ovulated yet....though CD14 did look like the more probable day to me too. Every morning, I can't believe that FF hasn't taken my crosshairs away...especially because this morning actually went below the coverline. Just a little, but still under. I was planning on testing next week if my temps stayed around where they'd been, just hoping that I could still get a bfp with similar pre and post O temps, but I think I'll wait unless my temps go up. I'm scared of having an anovulatory cycle...just hoping there's still a chance to ovulate this cycle.

My cycles are usually anywhere from 32-40 days. They've never been consistent. It just figures that dh and I decided to start ttc last month and my cycle was 50 days and I started having all kinds of cyst pain that I haven't had in years.

I've had some blood work done and an ultrasound and I need to get my progesterone checked. The doctor told me to go on day 21 if I had ovulated by then. I didn't go because I wasn't sure...I think I'm going in next week just to get it done. Then I can go in for all of my results the first week of December when I get back from our vacation.

I'm so stressed out already and I'm only two months in lol...but I'm trying to stay positive. Thanks for looking at my chart!
November 15th, 2012, 09:30 PM
If your cycle is anywhere from 32-40 days long, you could conceivably ovulate anywhere from CD16-35 depending on how long your luteal phase is. Ovulating on CD12 would mean you are either having a short cycle or your LP is 20 days long which is really uncommon. I've seen normal LP's of up to 16 days but traditional wisdom says 18 days+ is as good as a positive pregnancy test unless you just know that is your norm or you are taking something which can lengthen it. So basically this means that chance of you really ovulating on CD12 is even more unlikely than it would be based on just seeing your temps.

I think it's much more likely that if you ovulate, it will be soon. If you have an average LP of 12 days then you would ovulate somewhere between CD20-28. You normally have fertile CM a few days before ovulation, although that isn't always the case as you can see from my chart this cycle. For you though it might be a sign since it coincides to when you "should" ovulate based on the calendar method.

If you find out you aren't ovulating, that sucks but there is help out there. I take something called Clomid which is used to help you ovulate and it's pretty cheap even without insurance. I have a really bad case of PCOS plus endo so I'm not the average user by any means and it helped me get pregnant my sixth cycle using it. So yeah, you might be looking at a long hard road ahead but there is hope.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 16th, 2012, 02:10 PM
When they gave me crosshairs that early, I did think it was kind of weird and seemed way too soon in my cycle for O. I'm so new to this that I don't know how long my luteal phase is, but I'm thinking that I definitely didn't ovulate when ff says I did. I'm hoping that it happened yesterday actually....I've had lots of ewcm recently and a big temp jump this morning. So hopefully my temps keep going up! If I could go back in time and tell my younger self something, it would be to pay more attention to my cycles and to chart even though I didn't care about getting pregnant back then. I would love to know what is normal for me now. Oh, hindsight lol

Thanks for the encouragement as well, good to know there is stuff out there that can help!
November 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
No problem! Sorry to see your temp went back down today.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I was really disappointed Oh well...trying to tell myself it's not over yet!
November 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Shelz@_@
I just wanted to wish you good luck.. I Just starting using FF this month and I got my crosshairs on cycle day 30..after 3 days of pos opk.but my temp stayed high for 4 days, then higher after that, Im on cycle day 41 and had a hug temp drop this morning this month was a test run since hubby isnt home now I know what to do. af should be around any moment. my cycles are usally 30 to 36 for 3 months then I have a long one like this one them back to 30 to 36 day for 3 months.... good luck...
My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Shelz@_@; November 17th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
November 19th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search