We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Not sure if there is anyone here that I was on here with 2 years ago. I'm Michelle. I am the mom to 3 very beautiful little girls (I'm a little biased ) My husband and I decided to try for our 4th and final child recently. I am 3 weeks away from graduating nursing school, my youngest is about to turn 2, and it just felt like the right time. We started working with our specialist again over a month ago. We are on our first cycle with him and currently taking metformin 1500mg/day, synthroid 50 mcg/day, plus vitamins. We took clomid 150 mg days 3-7, and the ovidrel is waiting in my fridge. I went in for my u/s this morning, cd 13, to find out that nothing happened. There was no growth! Talk about heart breaking. Those have been our go to drugs for 3 other kids. Waiting to hear from dr to see if we are going to do another u/s to see if they are just growing late. The other option discussed was moving on to injectibles.
My question is, what does that entail? DH and I have no problem getting pregnant, once we get eggs to develop and release. I'm nervous about the cost of moving on to injectible medications, what they are going to do to me emotionally, and the realistic chance of it leading to multiples? The last time we conceived, the pregnancy started out as twins, but the 2nd one disappeared by 12 weeks, about the time I got used to the idea of having 2 babies! Just scared and disappointed that my body has let me down once again.
Oh man that sucks! I don't really have any experience with injectibles. All I know is the success rate is higher than clomid but so is the price. Since you are being monitored then I'm sure if you go the injectible route and end up with more follies than you want to risk you can just abort the cycle if you really don't want multiples. Of course that means paying all that for nothing... On the other hand you can try clomid again, perhaps a higher dose, and still not respond so have to try injectibles anyway. It's a tough position to be in. I would definitely do injectibles if we could afford it but I want twins so I don't have to TTC again.
Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy! TTC Blog
just got a call from the dr. going to try a different route before we go to injectables. He has me starting on dexamethasone today, and then starting clomid 150mg on Friday (considering it my day 3 again). here's hoping this combo works. Good news is I get to stop the metformin, which always messes with my stomach anyhow. Keeping my fingers crossed we don't have to move on to anything more. I am worried about the expense, multiple gestation, as well as the needles (OUCH!)