Cyst/CA125 Question

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Hello! I am new to this board and want to ask ladies in here.

I just found out I have benign cysts on both ovaries and my CA125 test showed greater than normal. Normal level is 35 and mine was 50.1. Has anyone had abnormal CA125 bloodwork before? What were your experience? I am currently waiting for repeated CA125 test to see if the numbers go down or the same. This is my first time having cysts. Doctor said CA 125 test is 50% reliable and other reason elevated level possible be endometriosis. I haven't been tested for Endo yet as I just started this testings through CT Scan, bloodworks and Ultrasound the past few weeks. My SO and I were TTC for few months and one day I had BAD pain on my left side thinking it was Kidney stone but found out ovarian cysts.

Anyone have any experience that can help me out? I realize this may be in wrong board but I was hoping there may be someone who went through similar experience.
November 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that test. I hope that when you go back you find your levels are lowered and the only reason it was so high was because of the terrible accuracy rate! Endo unfortunately can only be really diagnosed through laparoscopy.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't let my response freak you out because I'm sure a CA125 can test for several different things. From working in oncology for the past 2 years I do know that is one of the cancer marker tests that we run on our pts. I'll be praying for you and I hope it's nothing.

February 20th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaydensMomma View Post
Hello! I am new to this board and want to ask ladies in here.

I just found out I have benign cysts on both ovaries and my CA125 test showed greater than normal. Normal level is 35 and mine was 50.1. Has anyone had abnormal CA125 bloodwork before? What were your experience? I am currently waiting for repeated CA125 test to see if the numbers go down or the same. This is my first time having cysts. Doctor said CA 125 test is 50% reliable and other reason elevated level possible be endometriosis. I haven't been tested for Endo yet as I just started this testings through CT Scan, bloodworks and Ultrasound the past few weeks. My SO and I were TTC for few months and one day I had BAD pain on my left side thinking it was Kidney stone but found out ovarian cysts.

Anyone have any experience that can help me out? I realize this may be in wrong board but I was hoping there may be someone who went through similar experience.
Hii i just came across your post and i am in a similar situation with higj ca125 of 39 i was wondering how your follow up test went ? And do you happen to remember when you had the test done during your cycle like which day ? I had mine on day 12 and i read that ovulation can raise the number.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search