Do you mind?

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Nikki! 24 year old mom to 3 year old Kennedi. I hope you don't mind if I ask a question.. I am not currently TTC but I do have PCOS..does that count for anything?

I was just wondering when you were not actively TTC how did you combat the MIA periods? It has been 6 months since my last period. If you count my 2 month long spotting spectacle then my last period was 4 months ago. My doctor really didn't care up until a little bit ago, seems my calling all the time has annoyed him to the point where he basically threw the birth control rx at me! I am also losing my hair and have really bad mood swings. I have tried the pill in the past and it literally made me crazy so I'm really trying to avoid that path again. I made an appt with the local Menstrual Disorders Center in my city and my appt is in 2 weeks so I'm wondering what they could possibly suggest for me.

Any advice or thoughts you could give me would really help.

And also.. it is silly but when I do get my period it's not possible that I could hemorrhage right? It's been 4m since I have had any type of bleeding so I am worried even though I am sure I am wrong..just humor me tell me its not possible.

And again I'm sorry if you do mind me posting if that is the case please, just ignore me entirely.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
December 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nikki, I had no idea you have PCOS?!! When did you find this out. I have it too. YOu can FB me anytime about it girl! We are going to our RE on Thursday to prep to TTC #3. We got pregnant with Hunter on our own, but can't seem to this time
Jodimarie likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally have no problem with anybody who has PCOS, even if they aren't TTC, posting here. Fertility is only one of the many problems it comes with and since there isn't a PCOS board everyone is welcome here.

My doctor is pretty strict about how long I can go without a period. She has seen some evidence suggesting that amenorrhea can lead to increased risk of uterine cancer. At first I would go on provera if I didn't have a period for three months, kind of like I was on seasoneque or whatever it's called. Then she changed it to 45 days so that I'd get AF every 60 days or so.

As far as the other stuff, I'm not much help. I will say that just because one birth control made you crazy doesn't mean another one will. You can have vastly different reactions based on the brand. But I can understand your hesitancy. BC was definitely a blessing and a curse for me.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search