Hi everyone...and lemon juice! :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MandyRS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone--don't know if there's anyone in here who I still know, but I am a former member and host, and I'm the one who posted the PCOS FAQs sticky in this forum. I got divorced last year so I haven't been around, but I am now engaged and TTC again.

So I started a morning lemon juice and hot water +FertilAid regimen just about a week and a half ago. I quit taking the FertilAid for a few days after taking the full dose for 3 days, because I believe I experienced an ovulation that felt like the flu... hot and cold, nausea, sore throat, general 'off' feeling. My temp that morning was at an all-time low, which shocked me because I had been up all night with night sweats. So I stopped taking it, fearing that my body was reacting badly. But now as I've been weaning myself back on, I'm feeling fine, so I'm wondering if the low temp and sick feeling was an O sign and it really just worked THAT fast!

And I had never even taken FertilAid that seriously my first time around TTC. It amazes me what escaped me in all my hours and hours of PCOS research... after reading JM member Brandi's blog about her PCOS conception "magic," ( Baby Steps: How Evan & Aaliyah Came To Be ( A post for those struggling with Infertility) ) I looked up how lemon juice affects hormones... turns out, it's been documented to significantly impact the FSH/LH ratio! So for women like me, who were diagnosed with PCOS based on these hormone levels and long cycles, this seems to be a potentially huge help. Why isn't this everywhere?! Because an organic lemon detox only costs $1 a day, I imagine...

Journal of Pharmaceutical and Allied Sciences

(ETA: I just realized this article may be confusing since it seems to indicate that lemon juice DECREASES ferility... my point was that since it has helped women with PCOS, it may decrease fertility in those with already normal LH/FSH, but INCREASE it in those of us who make too much LH, if that makes sense. I'm saddened that this has not been looked into more in the years since this study.)

Anyway, I may be back in from time to time and am looking forward to getting to know you all! Best of luck to all of you in this long and frustrating journey.
Mrspeavler likes this.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Last edited by MandyRS; January 14th, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
January 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Regular
Thank you so much for this info. I just joined the group and was diagnosed with PCOS in October, after not getting my period for two months after stopping BC. I finished my first round of clomid last week and on Friday the doctor saw that I have one dominate follicle that he said should burst in a few days. I am hoping for the best and hope that the clomid worked! However, I want to do everything I can do get pregnant. Thanks again and good luck to you!
January 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Shelz@_@
thanks for posting this as well I was diagnosed back in july. I have pretty normal cycle 30 to 36 days and every 4 months of good cycle they were no more that 52 days.then back to normal. these last cycles have been bad. had normal then 81 day normal. 42 days now Im working on 60 days af due anyday.. wish it was better this is getting old I do have 3 kids so i know I can get pregant and I know Im ovulating my temps I had normal fsh and high lh levels..btw what kind of lemon juice? Im picking some up today.. and long do you take it.? im not good with meds so lemon juice will have to do for now herbs make me sick..

Last edited by Shelz@_@; January 17th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
January 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Shelz@_@
o
sorry posted twice
January 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
i just read something last night too about lemon water, it aids in making the vaginal environment more alkaline i believe.
January 29th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Tasha, the current co-host here. I drank lemon water about half the days pre-o last cycle and did move my O up to CD17 instead of 20. I also increased my Clomid from 200mg to 250 and started taking iron so I'm not sure if it was a combo of all that or what. We were getting the pre-bottled lemon juice to use. I'll probably start drinking it again for next cycle since I already know I'm out this one.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search