Ttc #2 on no meds

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Hello,

Well it has been about 5 years since I have been on this page! I now have a 4 year old daughter after conceiving on metformin due to pcos. I have never had signs or symptoms of pcos other than not ovulating. I went off the pill 3 months ago and let's just say my DH and I are not not trying I would love to get pregnant without meds this time! So far I have had 2 periods on my own and am currently expecting my next cycle to start in 4 days! I took a test today and was negative! Even though we aren't "trying" the suspense still kills me! Any success stories out there with ttc #2 without meds?
January 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant with my first without meds. This time, not so lucky! Good luck!

January 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Are you on any meds now?? Do you have any of the symptoms of pcos? I had the cysts and late periods but nothing else.
January 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
i have a friend who conceived her second (a surprise bfp) naturally after having to use injections to conceive the first (she was not on contraception at the time either, not preventing and not trying). Hope this is your case as well!! I am ttc #1 using clomid (i dont get regular cycles after stopping bcp)
January 17th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Have you ever talked to your doctor about metformin?
January 18th, 2013, 06:19 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for my third I got pregnant using natural methods, cinnamon and soy.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
What exactly do u do with the cinnamon and soy? I'm not familiar with that.
January 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cinnamon is taken twice daily - it helps control blood sugar.

soy isoflavones are used like clomid. I took soy 80mg CD's 5-9, some have used 120mg (most common) and you go up from there depending on if you O or not.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I have never heard that! That is good to know! Thank you!
January 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also used to come to this board. We had our first DS after 18 months ttc and three months on Clomid. Couldn't get pg after him despite clomid, met and one ivf attempt. We soon adopted the twins and their sister shortly after. Pretty much gave up on getting pg on my own so we ntnp for 3 years then I started working out, starting taking my met and got my surprise bfp in Nov 2010 and now have 5DC. It can be done!
January 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Just wanted to wish you good luck and baby dust!
January 23rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jillian! I'm TTC #2 with out meds at the moment. My dr wants me to have six months of weight loss befor he will start me on any meds.
January 24th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Hello,
I scheduled an appt with my doctor for February! Right now I have completely missed a period! I have never had an signs of pcos. So I have always been a little confused! Baby dust to everyone!!
January 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
jillian7 - No I am not on metformin. She checked my hemoglobin a1c and it is within normal limits but she hasnt called to discuss it (i got my results from the lab directly). I think after this round doesnt work i am requesting the dye test and then seeing an re for more supervision/help. Were u put on met bc of blood sugar issues?
January 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Regular
I also have PCOS, and I conceived my first with fertility treatments (femara and an HCG trigger), but I'm now pregnant with #2 after just trying on own. I lost about 30 pounds after having my DD, and then used fertility awareness to track when I ovulated so that we could time DTD. No supplements, no OPK's, no temping (and we only DTD once the month we conceived). It took about 4 months of trying.

Check out the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" so that you become aware of if and when you are ovulating.

Good luck!

[/url]
January 29th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck TTC #2! Do you know if you were ovulating those other cycles or not? If you are ovulating then it's definitely possible you could do it the natural way. My mom most likely has PCOS but she had three children without any trouble (the last while on BC).

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search