Hello! My PCOS and my infertility

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I normally follow TTC with MA and TTC after loss, but I think I should follow and get to know you all better since we share a diagnosis and I bet I can learn LOTS from you guys.

I have an almost 3 year old. I got pregnant with him three cycles after I got off BC (14 years or so). Typical conception and prgnancy. I did have GD, but that was it.

We have been trying for #2 for about 18 months. We have had two misscarriages. The first was at about 7 weeks and it was an unmedicated conception. Then it took us forever to get pregnant (clomid three cycles and still no ovulation), so I started with an RE. I got pregnant on the first medicated cycle (Femera with trigger and estradiol) but it ended up being a chemical (6 weeks). They checked levels early, and kept checking HCG but stopped progesterone after the first becuase it was so high.

I think it might have been a progesterone issues...but that is just me. Doc is saying it is just plain bad luck, but I dont think so and would love to learn a little more about how my PCOS affects my fertility. Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing you all move on to the due date boards!

January 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take it there are many lurkers here and thats about it?! Boo too...I was hoping to meet some gals with similar issues...it's a frustrating and lonely road!

January 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Regular
HI there,

I was just diagnosed with PCOS in November. I went off BC after 11 years in August and never got AF. I was immediately placed on metformin and this month started my first cycle using clomid (hoping it is the last). My OPK still has not shown peak fertlilty days. My husband and I are trying to conceive #1 and it has been hard to go through this, but it is nice to have people to talk to on this board! I do agree that there seems to be more lurkers, than responders, but I check daily.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages, that must be diffcult
January 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
hello! i am new to the forum and ttc.

Grod I am sorry to hear about your losses and wishing you both success soon. I got my diagnosis in july and started clomid/provera round 1 last month. It appears to have failed so we are starting round 2 with 100 mg clomid 3-7. We are ttc #1 as well.
nburke108 what cd are you on and what days were u taking clomid?
January 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Regular
I took clomid on CD 3-7. I am on cycle day 18 today. It is such a frustrating process and is a chore to say the least. I went to the doctor last week and he did a sono and saw one dominant follicle. He said that follicle should mature in a few days. Now I am just hoping to ovulate, but that hasn't happened yet according to the fertility monitor. If I do not get AF by the end of the month I need to go back to the doctor (either I am pregnant or it is round 2 of provera/clomid).
January 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Sorry nburke108. I did my first round of clomid 50 mg days 5-9 and i got a pos opk cd 16 but af flow didnt show and doc made me get a blood pregnancy test before starting round 2 on cd 33. Here is hoping you get your o soon or your bfp! Dont loose hope yet and i agree it is both frustrating and a chore. Is this your first round?

January 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Regular
This is my first round. I'm not losing hope, but I don't think it worked, and that is okay. It will happen when it is suppose to happen. I am also on metformin, twice a day. How about you? Hope this round works for you Thanks for the encouragment!
January 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I am on cd 3 of round 2 100mg (taking it days3-7) so i have to wait to day 10 to start testing opks and hoping it can at least make me ovulate this time around. I agree, it will happen and my pleasure! It is hard sometimes because i know i can get a little too caught up in trying to figure it all out when I should be a little more relaxed about it : )

gRod -How are you doing and how are things going?
January 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I'm playing a bit of catch-up since I was on vacation. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I had a chemical in October and we don't know why. Seems weird they would take you off the progesterone as you can't really have too much of it. From what I understand it's one of those things you just pee out if you get too much. A drop in progesterone could definitely cause a loss so usually once you start it you don't stop it till 10-14 weeks even if you don't seem deficient anymore.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search