Just diagnosed...

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Greek1128's Avatar Veteran
Hello everyone! I was on the TTC board, but was just diagnosed with PCOS. I have one DS from a previous marriage (no fertility drugs needed). TTC #2 and my cycle is still LONG (once every 2 months or so). I have gained 12 lbs since coming off BCP. I am still within a healthy weight, so I am taking the tiger by the tail and maintaining/losing with 4-5 days a week classes at the gym and Nutrisystem.

I am disheartened about the diagnosis. Yes, it makes sense, this is probably why I was 240 lbs in high school and hardly every had a period. I am not sure about SO Fertility, as he has not had any children with anyone else, and it seems that we are doubly handicapped. Anyway, love to have another baby, and I am kinda at the point where I think the only hope might be IVF (if he has sperm, no guarantee on that).

I am fairly regular in my cycle... I even have the LH surge and PMS symptoms, which are a bear if in fact they don't have to indicate that I have ovulated. What a cruel trick of nature!

Thanks for letting me rant! I appreciate it

My Ovulation Chart
February 8th, 2013, 07:58 AM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
Have you talked to an obgyn or a reproductive endocrinologist? I wouldnt rule out clomid or injectables just yet. The obgyn can order a semen analysis and check so. Just because he has no previous children doesnt mean he doesnt have swimmers. My husband and i are in the same boat, i was diagnosed last july. We just started clomid recently but the obgyn checked him out to make sure we were not dealing with another hidden issue. Good luck!
February 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
The next step will be for a SA... thank you ! Its been a rough week !

My Ovulation Chart
February 9th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with your SA! My DH was supposed to take a sample in Wednesday but he got off an hour after they closed so looks like it will be next Friday.

I definitely wouldn't start thinking about IVF yet. There are a lot of things you and he can both do before you get to that point. A lot of sperm issues can be helped with supplements, and if you aren't ovulating (or aren't ovulating well enough) you can take stuff for that.

Has your doctor put you on Metformin? That's usually the first step with a PCOS diagnosis. It should help you maintain/lose weight. I'd also look into a DHA supplement. Not omega-3, but DHA specifically. 500-1000mg of DHA a day can help improve a bunch of PCOS symptoms. I don't know a lot about Nutrisystem, but if it's low-carb you are probably good.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
No met formin... My glucose test came back fine... And my chart seems to unification that I ovulated? Not sure. The crappy part is that my blood test was actually the day before I apparently ovulated (according to temps and sympts starting Sunday). Didn't know at the time, no possibility if pregnancy from that anyway (no bd). I also started lifting 3 weeks ago. Could any of these cause abnormally high esteogen/ testerone/lh on their own? I'm within normal weight, thigh I could prolly lose 10 lbs and feel better. Was looking at vitex and DIM too... Btw blood tests showed estradiol 494 testetone 54 and lh 25.9... Again, thinking I was surging though around that time.

My Ovulation Chart
February 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM
If you got the tests done right when you were surging I think that could definitely affect the results. Normally I think they do those tests on CD3. I hope you did ovulate, even if you didn't get any BD'ing in. I was in that same position last cycle. May I ask what reason FF is giving for the dotted lines?

TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Regular
I agree with everyone else. Do not jump to IVF just yet. There are many other steps you can take and your obgyn hopefully has a plan for you. I am on my second cycle using clomid. My Hubby also as a minor issue (vericose vein), but the doctor feels it doesn't need to be treated just yet. His normal counts are still very high, even though some swimmers are irregular. Just take it one step at a time! I was very upset when I first got diagnosed, but once you have a plan with your obgyn, it will help come to terms with it. Good luck with everything!
February 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I got my progesterone tested today (7dpo, I believe). So we shall see... The PA is not going to be happy, as she wants me do it CD21, but if I do that, I know it is going to come back negative (I have a 59+ day cycle). If I did ovulate, it was Monday according to my temps. FX!

My Ovulation Chart
February 11th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Yeah it should always be done 7dpo. CD21 is just what "should" be 7dpo if you ovulate CD14 which isn't likely.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 11th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I'm still shocked she wanted me to do it on day 21, even given what I told her. So I'm taking matters into my own hands!

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search