Diagnosed with PCOS and Finally Pregnant

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hello Ladies,

I hope I am posting in the right place, but I just wanted somewhere to post my story and give all you ladies faith. My husand and I got married in Sept 2011, we both knew that we wanted children so started trying right away. I always knew there was some issue with my period but never really thought anything of it, and figured that it will happen. Well finally in January 2012, I figured something was up when I hadnt gotten my period since late November, the first thing that came to mind was OMG am I pregnant and dont know? I went to the doctor did a test, and it came back negative. In shock I thought what is going on, my doctor explained that he wanted me to do some tests just to see what exactly is going on. So I did testing and was diagnosed with PCOS in March 2012. I was devastated, and knew that my journey to concieving was going to be a long one.

My doctor recommended that I see a Gyno, to get me tested further and to help me out. I got referred and had to wait until May 2012 to see her. Finally May arrived, and my Gyno suggested that I do more testing and that my husband also does testing just in case so we know that for sure the problem comes from me and not him as well. So I basically did all the testing in the books, it was definitely a tiring time in my life. My husbands testing came back normal, and mine came back with PCOS only, uterus fine, tubes fine. Now knowing that, my Gyno recommended me take Clomid 50mg. So once another period arrived in June, I started my first Clomid Cycle.

As i took my pills days 5-9 on 50MG of Clomid, I suffered, the side affects were just horrible, the ovulation pains were nuts. But on day 34, my friend had arrived. I wasnt too upset because I knew that it was the first cycle, so I went on to the 50mg again on Cycle number 2, on this cycle nothing happened, my Gyno induced my period with Provera and start on Cycle 3 with 100MG and once again got my period on Day 32. I was so upset and frustrated at this time. After my 3rd cycle I went to see my Gyno, she recommended I do one more cycle and if that didnt work that she would refer me to a fertility clinic. Of course that cycle was a no....so there I went on a waiting list to the fertility clinic. I had to wait a few longgg months to finally get seen.

Finally in early Feb 2013, my Clinic called and said there was a cancellation, I went to see my doctor and she was just amazing, super confident that she was going to get this right. She explained to me what I was going to do and that it was more effective than the Clomid. I was soo excited. She told me to call on my Day 3 of my cycle for a ultrasound and blood work and if all was good I was going to start my treatment.

I waited and waited, I knew that my period was on its way, well I kept thinking that. Finally I called the clinic and they said you know just come in for a random check up. I went into the ultra room where the nurse did a transvaginal, she kind of looked puzzled and than said, I will be back I have to call the doctor. So I waited in the room worried thinking that something was terribly wrong. The doctor came in and said, hun we are going to have you come back at 9am with a full bladder, I was so confused and looked at her like whyyyyyy...she than said "You are pregnant". I was in complete shock....how did this happen? On an unmedicated cycle...and I had no idea, and we didnt even try super hard that month.

So basically, I found out I was 5 and a half weeks. No idea!!!! They than explained to me that the clomid helps also with getting your ovaries started...so it definitely did that with me. It was a long roller coaster ride but at the end of it all my miracle had finally happened with out any further treatment and unexpectedly. I also believe that what helped was not thinking or stressing over it. During my wait for the clinic, I kind of accepted that I had no choice but to wait it out and get help!

Ladies, just relax and it will come! Your blessing will happen. Have faith and be patient.

Baby Dust to all! xoxox
February 15th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Regular
Congratulations! That is such an amazing journey. Thanks for sharing it I know I really needed to read it today! Best wishes!
February 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations ... it is awesome to hear success stories like this!!

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

February 15th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Veteran
Congratulations!! That is wonderful! May you be blessed with a healthy and happy full-term pregnancy!!
February 18th, 2013, 06:11 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!!

I wonder why your doctor didn't try metphormin right away tough....congrats again! I just had the blood tests today...I know I have PCOS, so, I just need the results so I can go to my doctor, start the meds, and get pregnant with #2!
Blessings!
February 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM
That is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I also have PCOS and I am waiting to finish up provera and start clomid. Wishing for the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search