Doctors/hsg test opionions needed

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
Hello Ladies,

Ok so my after 4 months after no periods (after stopping bc) my ob ordered blood work last year and with elevated testosterone she said Dx is PCOS. Around november after another 3-4 mos without periods i got one on my own and we started clomid in december. I didn't get a "period" after, got a pos opk but just spotting. Called ob and she wasnt in but the doc filling in said she would increase dose but if no period again to come in and discuss options (which i knew what they were). So wed i went in and met with my ob.

Surprise it was her last day before maternity leave and last year quite a few times when i needed to call or come in she was not there(maternity leave and what not). I told her i just had a tiny bit of spotting and some tissue was lost after peeing (sorry to be graphic). She said that she thinks the clomid is working since i am getting pos opks (tho not a real period after), i asked about the possibility that it is causing a surge but not actually releasing the egg and she dismissed that entirely (i found this could be a possibility through my own research). I asked if she would do blood work to check any hormone levels or an ultrasound to check my lining and she said no not necessary. My concern is that my lining isnt building and thus no period, they said my lining could have atrophy after stopping bc or be uneven but never actually checked. I feel like i mayknow more than she does.

I am told her i wanted to move on to re so i can be monitored and found out what is going on and she said that was fine. She mentioned an hsg before clomid but thought it was unnecessary at the time, but ordered it now since re would want it. She suggested doing another round of clomid while i wait back down at 50 mgs. She felt this spotting/tissue discharge is my new normal period though she admitted it is not an expected result.

SO i suppose my questions are 1. What did you experience if u had the hsg done? 2. Even though i am moving on to an re, should i look into getting a new obgyn?

On a side note i had to call the docs office due to that fact my insurance would not cover the hsg if i had been diagnosed inferile and that is what she wrote on the script (dx infertility) they agreed to write a new one with dx ro blocked tubes since she did mention that as a concern. My insurance covers fertility testing after i meet my deductible and any copays but not infertility. I feel like she should have written it out differently (we have the same insurance since we both work for the hospital).

It has been a struggle just to get the doctor to listen and then making sure things are covered. You ladies give me stregnth bc i feel tired and beaten already on top of scared. I am emotional wreckbc of the hormones not cycling but ob called it pms: ( But you have been through the same if not worse and are always there to give advice or encouragement. Thank you! Sorry it was such a long post guess i am venting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search