Got my period after 5 days with metformin, but my HTP looks like this? (image)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 06:12 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Hi there!

So, I started Metformin, 5 days later I got my period, and boy is it ABUNDANT! Sorry But I had to get up in the m iddle of the night to change panties, PJs and all...anyway....period showed up yesterday morning (Sunday). SATURDAY morning, I got this result on an HPT

<a href="http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test101577">http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test101577</a>

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #101577 | Countdown to Pregnancy

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #101577 | Countdown to Pregnancy

(One of those 3 links should work..)

What do you think? My latest period was back in november....natural, not on metformin....

Should I retest? Should I get a blood test? Should I go to the doctor?....

THanks....

Have a great week!
February 28th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely see something there, but the test looks like it's pretty dry. How long after taking it did the line show up? I know this post is a couple days old, so do you have any update?

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
March 4th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks for answering! Well, I just don't know....Period lasted 6 days, which is odd, because my latest period was in October (no meds) and it was AWFULLY long, heavy and painful...this time it was heavy the first 24 hrs, then it went like any normal period from my 'normal' ovaries times...
So, we continue TTCing, I've downloaded all the apps I've found to know when I'm most fertile - assuming that I am in fact ovulating - and....we'll see.
I haven't taken another HPT, I have an appointment with my Obgyn on Friday...will let you know what he says..

Lots of baby dust for you too!!

Blessings frmo Chile!!
March 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm weird. I know my AFs are always even worse than normal if it's been more than like 45 days since my last one. I guess not having an awful long, heavy, painful AF isn't much to complain about lol. Good luck with your appointment on Friday! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
March 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Hi there

I just thought I should give you ladies an update...I started spotting last week, then there was a 'pause' and started a very weirldy light and brownish (sorry TMI) period-like...thing. I don't know, I guess it's just my body adjusting and starting to 'function' the way it is supposed to...anyway, at least I have something like a regular cycle Last time I had 4 months between periods, so, I guess this is fine

Now, if I get really optimistic, I've read this happening to other ladies AND being pregnant...but I just don't want to get my hopes too high....we'll see

How are you ladies doing?

Have a wonderful week!

Tags
hpt photos , hpt result , pcos , period during pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search