hcg trigger shot? positive or.not test? so confused.

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hi ladies new to the board here but an old vet to the infertility game. Please excuse spelling and grammar errors as I am on my phone. I have been ttc with no positives at all for 8 years now
I was severally overweight due to the pcos so i opted for gastric bypass. I'm lucky to say I'm one year out from the surgery and down 100lbs and started having periods on my own. I went to see my re last Thursday 10 days ago. To get back on the infertility wagon. I had just stopped what I thought was my period and on cd5. Well he did a quick scan and I had two nice follies on my left a 22 and 14. He triggered and told me to baby dance on Friday. Well 5 days after trigger I tested and got a faint positive (I know it was the shot) so I tested out the shot and by day 7 it was totally gone. I tested today about 4pm and got what I believe is a positive. I tested last night and it was neg. Thoughts on the tests? I will have to figure how to link them but should I believe it's a true positive?

Last edited by thatarmywife; March 3rd, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
March 3rd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Was your test 7dpt at night, in the morning, or afternoon like the one you took today? Also did you hold for a similar amount of time? I'd think 10dpt the trigger would be gone but I've never used one before so I can't say for sure. I would test again tomorrow around 4pm after a similar hold time and see what it looks like. If it loos the same or darker than today then you are probably pregnant! If it's lighter than it still might have been the trigger. I am hopeful for you that the trigger is out of your system though!

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
March 3rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
The holds and the test times were about the same
The positives from the trigger shot were barely there. The positive from today was clearly there.
March 4th, 2013, 05:33 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
I'm sending lots of positive vibes our way that you are preggers and that the trigger shot is gone from your system.

I too was obese and had Lap-Band surgery this past September and I am now down 67lbs and starting to have periods on my own but definitely not regular. I hope this is your time!!!

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search