Down to one ovary...

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hi All!!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in November '12. About a month ago, I was in extreme pain and went to the emergency room. Turns out, I had a cyst on my left ovary that made it flip upside down and tangle my fallopian tube on my left side. Long story short...I had to have emergency surgery and my left ovary was removed. I was just wondering if anyone else out there with one ovary and PCOS has been able to conceive and have a baby. I guess I'm just down and looking for some advice. My DH and I want to have a baby, but I am SO afraid that I won't be able to get pregnant. I have wanted this for so long and now with circumstances...I am so scared I won't be able to conceive. Any advice or comments are wecome.

Thanks!
March 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I bet that was really scary. I've had cysts before and a couple times the pain was almost bad enough to go to the ER but thankfully I haven't had to have surgery for them yet.

I don't think this is a death sentence for your fertility. Tons of people get pregnant with only one tube and I'd think in a way only having one ovary is better than one tube. If you only one tube then some cycles you are out just because you ovulated from the wrong ovary. But I'd think that with only one ovary, you'd always ovulate from the right one so that wouldn't be a problem. Of course with PCOS ovulating at all could be a problem. I have both my ovaries and tubes but still haven't had a successful pregnancy because half the time I don't ovulate and when I do it's late. I'm not a doctor by any means but I'd think the PCOS could pose a bigger problem than only having one ovary.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
March 6th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Thank you for your response, Frozenoj!

I have been speaking with my Doctor and he put me on Provera. Just finished that and I'm about to start my first round of Clomid. Wish me luck and I will be doing the very same for you!
March 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
Yikes!! That is scary and i wish you a quick recovery. Good luck!!
March 7th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I think I'm about to start provera myself.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search