Ttc with pcos using herbs/vitamins

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zonee@gmail.com

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Hi all, I'm brand new to ttc on herbs/vitamins. I have pcos and have like 3 periods a year without taking metformin. I was on metformin 2000mg/day for almost 2 years with no bfp's, so i gave it up. Now I'm trying vitex, soy isoflavones, wild yam, evening primrose oil, maca, fertility blend sp-1, b complex, and folic acid. I haven't had a period in 3 months though, so I'm going to my Obgyn in a couple days to get back on metformin and possibly progesterone(?) to get my period ASAP so I can start my herbs. Can anyone tell me if how I plan on taking them sounds ok?

Vitex all cycle except during menstruation
B complex all cycle
Folic acid all cycle
Maca all cycle except during menstruation
Evening primrose oil cd1-O
Wild yam cd1-O
Soy isoflavones cd 3-10
Fertility blend sp-1 cd 3-10
April 6th, 2013, 02:30 AM
does ob gyn or RE recommend those herbs?
April 6th, 2013, 05:12 AM
I haven't asked her yet, but I will when I see her on Monday. I've seen a ton of research and personal accounts that claim using them will help women with pcos to ovulate and regulate their cycles.
April 6th, 2013, 09:22 AM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
Just beware some can actually through your body further off than it was before, each person's chemistry is unique.
khassy likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 07:08 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
I am taking pre natal vitamins, Folic Acid and Royal Jelly, but I think those are way too many things to take....even if they are 'natural', herbs can be powerful and mixed...I just don't know. It could be too much for your body....discuss it with your doc first, I fear it may end up being more negative than positive...

Good luck in yout TTC journey! )
May 10th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Hi I am new to this forum. I have TTC w/herbs and was successful, but lost my baby at 8wks. Since then I have not wanted to try again. Now I am not sure what's in the fertility blend you are taking, but something that will help you get AF fairly quickly w/o jolting your system is red raspberry leaf tea. I only used my herbs in that way just to insure that I got only what I wanted and nothing extra. With the tea I regulate my AF w/o metformin, but it is a daily thing. There are a lot of natural things out there that are not hard on your system. Good luck & blessings to you & yours.
May 19th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Shelz@_@
@PCOSwDD I just got some red rasberry leaf tea my question is this how much did you drink a day and how long did it take for af to show Im going on 122 days now. this has never happened before. I had a normal cycle until dec .. jan 18 th was my last period. so this is driving me mad. would love to know what helps Im not taking any meds didnt need to but now Im think I have 2.
June 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I am new here and haven't introduced myself yet but my RE put me on insitol and folic acid. She said I could take up to 2000mg of insitol but I am only up to 500mg. That is where I feel best. And it needs the folic acid to function.
June 21st, 2013, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure your ment to take Vitex and SoyI together.

Tags
b complex , pcos , soy isoflavones , ttc , vitex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search