honest opinions!!:)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
So I just found out that my sister is going to need a kidney transplant in the next couple of years she has had kidney problems for a few years now but they ( The 1/10 of the one that's still alive) is really bad now. I got tested when she was first diagnosed and I'm a match. BUT I can't donate if I still want to have children! My husband and I talked about it and I really want to give one of mine to her...so between now and then we really want to have another child. But I'm feeling guilty for wanting to rush the process so I can do this for my sister AND still have one more child! I know if I lose more wt I will most likely get pregnant on my own without medication ( because that's how I got my dd) but time is short now. Am I selfish for wanting to rush the process? I've never taken Clomid or metformin ( sorry I know its sp wrong) before do you think it will help the process speed up a bit?? Thanks in advance for you help!!

Baby dust to all!!
April 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
I dont think it is selfish at all. You can bring this baby into a stable home and you are trying to help your sister. It can be a long wait on the donor list. I would def talk to an obgyn or re about this to see if they can help out/speed it up. I wish you and your sister the best of luck and praying for the two of you! Ps that is amazing that you are doing this for her and i didnt exactly know you need both kidneys for pregnancy but it makes sense.
April 10th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your insight. I didn't know you need both either until all this. I guess pregnancy is really hard on your kidneys so they they don't want to risk it. They ate super strict on a lot of things ( wt,diet,BMI levels,etc) . But I figured I'm a match and like you Said it can be a very long wait on the donor list.....so I need to do this for her
but I agree about talking to the ob Dr about this thanks for the advice
April 10th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your insight. I didn't know you need both either until all this. I guess pregnancy is really hard on your kidneys so they they don't want to risk it. They ate super strict on a lot of things ( wt,diet,BMI levels,etc) . But I figured I'm a match and like you Said it can be a very long wait on the donor list.....so I need to do this for her
but I agree about talking to the ob Dr about this thanks for the advice
April 11th, 2013, 05:50 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
No problem! It is a very brave thing to do and I am sure your sister is really appreciative. I wish you and her success and good health.
April 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Regular
I do not think you are selfish at all for speeding up the process. That is such a selfless act that you want to do. It so brave of you to want and help your sister out. Good luck to you both on this journey! Wish you both success and good health!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search