low hCG and PCOS? **Updated**

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Angelgirl30
  • 1 Post By nburke108

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
seekingrainbow's Avatar Super Mommy
So my LMP was 4.9.13 and I was "due" (with my irregular periods) 5.10.13.. Started spotting 5.7.13. No idea when I ovulated though.

I went to my dr. and was put on metformin and some other medications on 5.9.13 but before I started taking the meds, I wanted to be sure I wasn't pregnant. Didn't think I was since I was spotting. To my amazement, it came back positive!!! I stopped spotting 5.10.13 (3 days of light pinkish spotting) but I had mild cramping where my ovaries are, on both sides. Today I went in for a beta. The nurse called me later this afternoon and I was told my levels were 136 which is on the "low side of the range". I go back in on Wednesday to be tested.

My questions are:
Is there a relation between low hCG levels during pregnancy and PCOS?
Will I see them double in 48hrs like normal?
Is it normal to have these "pains" on my ovaries? Could it just be related to my cysts?

Honestly, you'd think this was my first pregnancy but I didn't have any pains or cramps or spotting with my two boys and I was never even told my hCG levels (different office this time around). I am having some normal symptoms of early pregnancy. Indigestion, nauseous, frequent urination, moody, major fatigue.. no sore breasts which kinda concerns me..

Thanks for any help in advance.

UPDATE 5.20.13: My numbers seem to be fantastic and going up like they are suppose to. Last draw is wednesday and I should be scheduling my sono!! So here are the numbers:

5.13: 136
5.15: 299
5.17: 699
5.20: 2332

So it just seems like I ovulated later than they (and I but I honestly have no clue when I ovulate) thought. Thanks everyone!!

and my little Jedi, Lucas Gary
Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

Held close to my heart for 239 days

Last edited by seekingrainbow; May 20th, 2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Updated first Post with results!
May 14th, 2013, 08:15 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking over from the TTCMA board*

Is there a relation between low hCG levels during pregnancy and PCOS? No.
Will I see them double in 48hrs like normal?There's really no way anyone can tell you this. As much as it stinks, you just have to wait the 2 days and find out. If you aren't sure when you ovulated, I don't even know how the nurse can say that the number is low...it might be high based on your ovulation date!
Is it normal to have these "pains" on my ovaries? Could it just be related to my cysts? Totally normal!

Did they also test your progesterone?

Congratulations on your BFP! I hope your numbers are great when you go back!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

May 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
If they tested my progesterone, they didn't tell me that number. But on the paperwork it just said Blood type and hCG. Should I ask for them to test the progesterone levels?

Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

May 14th, 2013, 09:51 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
If the spotting has stopped, I would skip it. If it comes back, though, you might ask about it. Supplementing progesterone is easy and doesn't really have any downsides...it is kind of a better-safe-than-sorry thing.

One day down, one to go

Melissa & DH

May 14th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Okay thanks!!! No signs of spotting so I think that may have been implantation bleeding, in which case, I probably ovulated later (which who knows when I ovulate).

Today is dragging. Husband worked 1-midnight last night, working 9a-8p today, and 5a-4p tomorrow. I'll see him at some point this week ... Usually I don't mind, but with the stress I just would like him home.

Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

May 15th, 2013, 01:40 PM
bump for update in first post.

Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

May 15th, 2013, 06:11 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Great news on your numbers!!! Congrats

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
May 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Great news! Congratulations!

Melissa & DH

May 16th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I have PCOS and have been cramping really bad this pregnancy. The doctor says its completely normal and that as long as I'm not bleeding the baby is fine. I have a cyst on my left ovary to which she said is normal as well because it is the one producing my pregnancy hormones to support the pregnancy. However, that is a really good reason why I'm cramping because when you have PCOS the cysts tend to be bigger then if you don't. I just wanted to share my story in case it helps. Good luck!
seekingrainbow likes this.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

May 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Regular
Wondeful news! Congratulations!
seekingrainbow likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search