Metformin Related

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Regular
Hi all. I am currently taking 500mg of metformin per day. Next week, I will increase it to a 1000mg per day. I seem to have a decreased appetite since starting it again. I was on it, but stopped in Feb because of intestinal issues. Has the happened to anyone else on metformin? Thanks for you help.
May 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
I just started on wed and I'm having the same thing happen!! I'm hoping that it stays that way so that I can lose a couple of lbs
May 26th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Regular
Thanks for your response! Good luck to you.
May 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Today is my first day on 1000 mg a day today. How are you doing any other symptoms? I was sick to my stomach this morning I hope it goes away after I get used to the bigger dose! Oh Ya and AF arrived!! This is my first time since October to get a regular AF the progesterone worked!!
June 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hang in there...I have been on Metformin for 2 years now (500 mg twice a day), then 500 3xday. At first it was HELL...constantly in the restroom...couldnt even eat a sunflower seed! after about a month i reduced back to 500 2xday. It took some time, but eventually my body got used to it and the side effects slowly dwindled. I have found that eating before taking helps significantly...i know you dont want to but you have to eat something...something heavy! it will help...promise!

Good luck love!
June 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
That's great to know I've been on 500 ml 3x a day now and I've found I have to eat 3 meals a day to take it!! I'm feeling so much better now but still running to the bathroom a lot.
July 5th, 2013, 02:07 PM
So glad ur feeling better. It will def help lose weight, which is good for PCOS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search