Back AGAIN - Can someone give me their opinion

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
Well I am going to introduce myself again because I have been in and out of the group for a while.

My name is Sarah Ann and I'm 33 years old. DH is 30 and we have been married since October 2010 although known each other since 2004. We have been trying to conceive since we got married but with major difficulties. (Most will be shocked I know but DH and I didn't "do the deed" until we were married) I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2004/2005 although I basically diagnosed myself YEARS before but my doctor wouldn't listen to me for a long time.

I have a number of PCOS symptoms:
Weight gain/Excess Weight
No menstrual cycles for months on end and when it did show up would stick around 100 - 200 days at a time
Hair on my upper lip and chin as well as on the knuckles of my hands and toes
Dark patches of skin where there are bends in my joints

I tried EVERYTHING to lose weight because I knew that would help me immensely but no matter what I did I couldn't lose the weight. DH and I tried so much to have a baby but nothing was working. I was on Metformin for a bit and then also on Clomid but no matter what, because of my weight nothing really worked. I didn't have a regular cycle and even tracking my temps, fluids, and using OPKs wasn't shedding much light except that I was completely messed up.

In September 2012 I had Lap-Band surgery for many reasons but one reason I had deep down all along was so that I could start a family and be around to actually see my children grown up. Since September I have lost 86lbs and although I still have 100lbs to go to my goal almost immediately after surgery I started to have a period on my own. No meds no nothing. They haven't been regular by any means but at least they were showing up which was more than I could say for before.

A few days ago I started to get sore breasts and it is something VERY new for me. I never had that before. I thought what the heck I would take some OPKs to see what was going on. Just so you know in the past I took them but never ever got anything more than the faintest of lines.

Here are tests I took the last 3 days (I will be taking another one tonight as well of course)

Would you all say I actually ovulated on Tuesday or no?

DH and I have never stopped BDing of course, however, I would LOVE to know if this is an actual Positive OPK or not.

I know it is late in the cycle for ovulation but at this point I will take any day that produces an actual ovulation!

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

June 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Ok so I came home and decided since my breasts were so sensitive and DH said they looked different that I would take HPT and an OPK. Low and behold my OPk was super dark again and then within seconds of peeing on the HPT stick there was a second line ... Not faint either ... it was DARK!!!

I'm cautious at this point because I don't know if I should take this as 100% positive or not. I took 3 more HPTs already to it and all have 2 lines.

I won't take another one until tomorrow morning now though ... FMU test should give a great positive if I am in fact pregnant. I'm crossing my fingers, toes and everything else that I can cross at this point.

June 29th, 2013, 08:38 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sarah Ann, lurking back in this board for once (which is very rare) to see old familiar names and I had to check in on you! That's amazing how much weight you lost, that's amazing! And congrats on the test results. I know you're cautious.. But if it makes you feel any better, I never saw hpt lines like that ever except for about 30 weeks ago! I think it took a very very long time to sink in for me. Feel free to pm me and keep me updated if you'd like! Seems like everything is nothing but good right now.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
June 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I'm extremely excited but terrified something will go wrong. We aren't telling family till after the first ultrasound and I won't find out when that is until Tuesday at my drs appointment. I think they will do it ASAP just because I'm high risk with MS and a lapband in. It's so nice to her from you Melissa ... How is your pregnancy going?

June 29th, 2013, 09:09 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats understandable. I didn't make the big announcement until 20 weeks.. Some family and close friends knew first. Pregnancy has been great for the most part but 5 weeks left to due date in this heat I feel like I want to fast forward to the end now. Sooo uncomfortable! However, those injections I've taken ttc over a year ago made me feel worse hormonally than now so I can't complain too much. I hope this turns out to be your time! Plus, you'd get to skip being very pregnant while its hot out!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
Amazing story!! please keep us posted I'm anxious for an update!! It gives is all hope
July 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
I will be sure to keep everyone posted!!!! First drs apt tomorrow!!

July 31st, 2013, 10:21 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sarah Ann so happy I stopped in and saw this!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

July 31st, 2013, 10:50 AM
Thank you ... I'm extremely excited but still very scared and cautious

July 31st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How exciting. I completely understand being nervous but looks like a bfp to me! Sticky vibes your way

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search