TTC

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Hey everyone! I was unofficially diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago. About 6 years ago I went to the doctor b/c of my irregular cycles. I had unexpectedly gained weight at the time as well, but my doctor put me on BC pills to correct the problem. While that worked, about 3 years ago I started having major issues with my blood pressure, insulin, and weight. I came off of my bc pills to see if that was causing any issues. Well, my cycle went crazy, my insulin went out the roof. My doctor put me on Metformin, my cycles began to regulate. But i didn't see any change in weight. In October 2011, I decided to get serious about my weight. That if i was ever going to get pregnant, that was something I needed to do. I started Weight Watchers in combination with my metformin. Now, 2 years later I have lost 100 pounds and been able to come off my blood pressure medicine. I am still taking metformin, but concerned about coming off of it. My husband and I are really wanting to get pregnant. i've been off of the BC pills so long, but the past couple months we have really been trying and i was really hoping that this would be the month! AF was due on Tuesday. Tuesday I started with a brown discharge and even today it is mostly brown with only hints of red. I was completely distraught on Tuesday, but now i'm starting to wonder if I could possibly be pregnant, since i have really started bleeding? I would appreciate any feedback, encouragement, etc. Thanks everyone!!
October 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Best bet is to take a HPT to check. It's possible if it's mostly brown.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search