Help - advice needed!

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frankie850

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
So I have started charting my temperature and CM over the last couple of weeks. I have also talked about things with my OH and he has been monitoring my cervix as I cannot reach it. Anyway I have been getting clear signs that ovulation is coming, egg white mucus, soft high cervix etc. I did a ovulation test and it was positive. Me and the OH were both very excited as I had assumed that I would not ovulate with PCOS and up until recently my periods had been all over the place.

However, when searching online to make sure I was correct and it was positive I came across some information that put me back down. Apparently these tests do not work reliably for women with PCOS as they have high levels of LH anyway, hence no or few periods. I went on to read that CM can be misleading too!

Help!
December 30th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Super Mommy
Now that I just lost my whole explaination due to page refreshing... GO BD!

What you've read does not apply to ALL women with PCOS - if you're having symptoms of O'ing along with a +OPK - it's likely that you're O'ing. If you're using IC OPKs, I suggest continuing to test until you've past your surge. Once the test line is lighter than the control you'll know that you're done O'ing. Good luck!!
December 31st, 2013, 12:12 AM
Thank you!! I'm not sure what sort of OPK it is, just a large batch do sticks from amazon as they seemed best value rather than clearblue.
January 1st, 2014, 12:37 PM
Ok update...the last two days have had positive OPKs and today's was negative. Yesterday had what I think were ovulation pains all evening and it really hurt when OH went deep when DTD (sorry TMI). So I'm thinking, brilliant we have timed it all perfectly and hoping that's done the trick but then this morning I haven't had a temp rise on my BBT. Is this normal? Does it mean I haven't actually ovulated or am I likely to get a rise in BBT over the next couple of days?

Just to be safe am planning on DTD over the next few days also. Any advice would be good
January 2nd, 2014, 03:01 AM
Temp had a huge spike this morning so am hoping it stays up indicating ovulation! Fingers crossed...2WW commences then
January 4th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Have definitely ovulated as had two more raised temps. Just hoping now that our perfect BD timing results in a BFP in 2W! Hate this waiting game and don't know how I will cope if it's not been successful
Mommy2BMae likes this.
January 12th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Really need some advice from someone! See the link to my chart below.

I was really hopeful this cycle as we have timed everything perfectly however my last 2 tests have been BFN (although at 10 and 11DPO I know this could be too early to tell).

Anyway me and OH DTD this morning and I had some very light bleeding that only happened during sex (didn't continue afterwards). I have noted it on my chart as spotting but I'm not sure this is right.

I'm now worrying like crazy that this means my AF is just around the corner, I'm due next Thursday. But I've had so many symptoms that I never have usually when I'm due AF like tender BBs since OV, nausea, cramps, tiredness, thirst, runny nose and heightened sense of smell. However I now feel like it's my mind/body playing tricks cause I so badly want to be pregnant!

Any advice would be great, thanks x

305182 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search