Help! May have PCOS, want to TTC soon, please helpp.

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hi, Im new here and read so many posts and Im trying to gain knowledge!
Im 22 years old, and Im a virgin, Im getting married to the love of my life in May and he wants to have a baby right away because weve been together for 4 years and its the right time for us.
The problem is I think I might have PCOS, I havent been diagnosed but I know something is wrong.. The only symptoms I have are excessive hair growth, but not THAT much, just more than usual and around my chin and neck just a few long hairs. & for the past 2 years Ive been having acne, a few a month that are pretttyy painfull but not that many.. meaning less than 10 a month and Ive had some hair loss lately.
I get my period every month on the 28th day of my cycle and I have pain but I take an ibuprofen and Im fine. I think I ovulate, Ive been trying to track it, I get the cervical mucus exactly like it says where its sorta thick at first then like egg whites for 2 days then pretty thick or dry. But I have read that it doesnt guarantee that I have ovulated.
I eat really badly, I have soda like twice a day and I love sweets and carbs like white pasta and white rice.
Currently I have been really trying to improve my diet, I have cut back on sweets and carbs, and I added alot of fruits and veggies and veggie juice I make myself. Im also cutting back on the sugar and trying to exercise daily. Im not overweight, just kind of gaining weight probably due to my poor diet.
Im always tired and I barely have energy and Im always so moody and I hate that, I really want to change my whole life around and get as healthy as I can be before I TTC. But, I cant go to the doctor and confirm PCOS because Im a student and moneys tight.
Please if anyone can give me advice or guide me as to what I should do I would really appreciate that! I love my fiance and I want us to share a baby together but I don't to go through so much stress and doctors before I conceive.
I dont want to wait until Im married and try for a baby for a year than go to the doctor and find that I have a problem and be put on Clomid or any other drug. I want to do it naturally and I want to be healthy while Im pregnant. Other than improving my diet, what should I do? Should I take Vitex? Please help me! Thank You very much! And to all, good luck
December 31st, 2013, 05:48 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
If you are having a regular cycle, chances are good that everything is fine. The acne may have more to do with your age than anything else.

I would try to be as healthy as you can and just relax and enjoy your new husband

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 31st, 2013, 02:46 PM
I love you forever, Henna
If you're not already, I'd suggest you start charting. Pretty simple, just get a basal body thermometer and take your temperature first thing in the morning when you wake up (try to wake up at the same time each day). You should notice a temperature rise the day after you ovulate, and it should stay high until your cycle starts. That will at least give you a good idea of whether you're really ovulating or not.
January 1st, 2014, 01:55 PM
Tbh it doesn't really sound like you have PCOS. If you're really worried about it though you should definitely talk to your doctor as they will be able to do blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm if you do indeed have it., I know you say money is tight as you are a student but it's really the only way to know for sure. Also if you don't have money to see a doctor now then what are you going to do if you get pregnant!?

Are you currently on any birth control? If you're not and your cycle is that regular then I really wouldn't be too worried. Also even if you don't have PCOS there is no guarantee that you will fall pregnant on your first try. So it's a good idea to start charting your temperature and CM so you can learn more about your body and cycle etc.

Good luck and try not to stress out too much about it all!

Tags
getting healthy , need advice , possible pcos , ttc naturally , ttc with pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search